Ford Mondeo Horn

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water-bug55

Hi all I have bought a ford mondeo mk3 horn to fit to the puma. The mondeo has a two pin connector and the puma has a one pin connector. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to solve this problem.
Any help would be very appreciated :D
Thanks

If it's the same as the one I fitted then loop one terminal to ground and job done.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH

Nick

orgone_accumulator said:
If it's the same as the one I fitted then loop one terminal to ground and job done.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH

Nick
Thanks Nick, but all i need to know is how do i connect the two mondeo wires to the pumas one wire.

Total stab in the dark, but looks like one terminal is connected to the mounting bolt, to make/complete the earth. The other terminal would connect to the Puma wire...???

topmansparkie said:
Total stab in the dark, but looks like one terminal is connected to the mounting bolt, to make/complete the earth. The other terminal would connect to the Puma wire...???
That stab in the dark was correct it is now fitted and sounds great :p !
Dave93.marsh said:
Just a Question, why do you want to fit a mondeo horn? Does it sound better?
Well i read somewhere that the puma only has one horn and that being a low sounding horn iirc. Where as the mondeo has two horns high and low, therefore giving you the desired sound.

If the mondy horn has two spade terminals then one will be positive and one will be negative. The Puma's single wire supplies a positive feed, the horn just needs to be grounded on the other terminal. Usually with horns it doesn't matter which is which, unless they arer marked. This is how I wired the horn that I bought.
If this doesn't make sense try posting a pic of your horn (fnarrr fnarrr)

HTH

Nick

I was scrapping my Mark 3 mondeo so thought I would take the horn off and swap prior to it leaving as I was sure it sounded like a more serious horn - got it swapped over and it sounded exactly the same as the puma one - weird - and a complete waste of time.

Hope you have more luck as it sounds like yours is different

Back