Ford show and Focus RS release Trustford Barnsley

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

My son told me about this as I'd not heard anything about it so I went and had a look today. As in the title it was intended to show the Focus RS and they were even taking people out for a spin in it as passengers.

They had another one outside doing the passenger runs and in the bright sunlight you could see the metalflake in the paint (and I thought it was just a flat colour)

They also had a new 5.0 Mustang outside taking passengers for a spin. This one was a better colour than the one that had been at Sherburn a fortnight ago (grey).

I also managed to bag myself a good spot in the show area next to some of my favourites :)

Cheers Oilburner it was good to get out in the sun again after the crap weather we've had up here and good to see the new cars in the flesh. I'll have to start doing the lottery as I really fancy a Shelby GT350 :)
Barry

Well done getting your little Puma on display! :thumbs:

I love this new Focus RS.

However, there's a reason why it didn't quite make it's 2015 release. I know someone who works for a company that Ford gave the engines to as they kept putting rods through the block at one stage. I'm not entirely sure what they did to correct it, but I'm pretty sure it had to be a cheaper solution rather than steel rods.

Anyway, the point is, if you want to tune the engine in it, it's going to need a new set of rods and pistons from the get go as apparently these engines are chocolate!

The problem last year was due to excessive temperatures on the 1000 hour hard run test bed causing increased wear / outside acceptable tolerances on strip down. A new cylinder head / gasket fixed it apparently.

US tuners are getting >500bhp+< from the weaker engine in the Mustang so I think it'll be fine. It's the RDU that'll be the weakness to tuners I reckon.

Oh, that's another problem then. This was where the engines were fine on the dyno, then when put into the car and connected to the transmission, were snapping rods! Maybe it was a mapping issue in the end. But from what I heard, the rods just weren't up to the job.

Yet another video of the Mustang beating GM products, well done Ford and an awesome car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdtGgf1BF0

Great car.. We're not getting that version over here in RHD though are we?

The only bad point I can pick out is that it weighs a lot!

Hi Ben
I don't know that but over in America people are paying twice the sticker price to get the GT 350r so I think it may be a long time before these end up over here. It's not an M3 but definitely a cool car.
Barry

Back