Former Glory!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEAVIE

Right i brought another puma! yer one just wasnt enough!

same as my first one snapped cambelt=( towed it back across london bridge! haha! dumped it on my drive got an engine and it all stared rocking! i towed it to work this morning and got started on it as soon as i had finished everything else! its only half done at the moment will be running tomorrow=) and its already sold to my mate who will be joining on here soon!

ENGINE OUT!

start by draining all the fluids, engine oil gearbox oil and water
remove the bonnet

battery and tray
air box and induction hose
throttle cable
all wires and looms to the starter, VCT, injectors etc..
water hose off the bottom of the rad the two water hoses off the HCV
the earth strap that goes to the gearbox bellhouseing
un clip fuel lines red and white one
un bolt the cat off the manifold best to undo it off the exaust and completly get it out the way
unplug lamda sensor
remove the pipe goin to the top off the power steering pump and the 18mm nut that holds the high pressure pipe in as well
if has air con you can unbolt the pump off the block and leave the gas in it just need to remove the aux belt if you doin that.
wheels off
bottom ball joints out the drivers side one you have to undo 2 x 13mm nuts that hold it on to the block.
undo the 30mm nuts on the end of the drive shafts and pull the shafts out of the hub
now to get the shafts out the gearbox is fun and games!
rear gearbox mount
gear linkage
hook it up to the engine crane
undo the engine mount 41mm nut then 3 15mm bolts then undo the gearbox mount 3 15mm bolts
let the whole lot down so you can remove the gearbox mount bracket the jack it up double check nothing it still attached and your home and dry!

i think i got the engine out quicker than i typed all this up! haha!

heres some pics hope it helps explain it a bit better?!

22042010231.jpg

22042010234.jpg

22042010232.jpg

22042010233.jpg

22042010236.jpg

22042010237.jpg

this is the stupid little clip that holds the throttle cable on! dont drop it!
22042010238.jpg

22042010239.jpg

22042010240.jpg

22042010241.jpg

rear gear box mount
22042010242.jpg

22042010235.jpg

22042010248.jpg

power steering pipes
22042010247.jpg

manifold from the top you need to remove the stupid heat shield if it has one!
22042010246.jpg

engine mount
22042010245.jpg

remove the two pipes off the o so reliable HCV!
22042010244.jpg

2 x 13mm nut on the drivers side drive shaft
22042010250.jpg

gearbox mount
22042010249.jpg

nearly there!
22042010251.jpg

shes out!

23042010253.jpg

goin back in!

22042010252.jpg

and you thought your puma was high?? try taking the engine out! lol! looked like it was on stilts!

comments welcome!

car is all up and running now im driving it for a few days before my mate takes it and picking up my 3rd puma wednesday morning!

Top job that you are doing. That car is interesting as it was built in June 2000, but wasn't registered until March '01. The things that give it away are the alchemy (blue) interior, and the black lambda plug.

Regardless it is nice to see one being saved, you obviously know what you are doing!

There's an FRP that needs saving if your keen up near me!

http://www.projectpuma.com/search.php?search_id=egosearch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sell your silver ones and bag this, it needs you!

yer mate i will be up for that! love to get a racing one! the link dosent work???

i know you will think im mad but...... i just brought another one! hahaha! yes my GF dose wanna kill me! lol!

i got this puma running now so will finish this thread later if get a chance gonna pick other one up tmoz! that be the 3rd silver puma with my name on the log book! lol! i will have a fleet at this rate! lol!

Not at all. He has enough money and does great things with it.

He could be frittering it away on booze and women like I have in the past

haha well put!

good on you steavie and nice little engine removal guide :)

if you find those lost pictures though then please let me know.

i have updated it now with the rest of the pics if any body wants to know anything else or pics of any thing i will be doin it all again all too soon!

im starting to gather a few spares from all these engine jobs camshafts rocker covers etc so if you need anything just ask and i will have a look what i got!

as for the too much money yer i wish! lol! time is a pain thought coz the list of stuff i have to get done to my car before FITP is HUGE! and im gonna try get my other puma running any sold before then! i can only try!

booze and girls that dose sound good! well as George best once said ` I SPENT MY MONEY ON CARS WOMAN AND DRINK THE REST I JUST WASTED!` HAHA!

The car is now mine! FINALLY :D..

I'll be continuing the modifications (when I have money :().. And when STEAVIE has time to do the work for me :p..

I'll try update the pictures on a regular basis when I add stuff =]...

And, when I have time i'll add a list of stuff that I plan on adding...

Congrats matey

Stevie, Happy to recommend ya for any parts after FITP- One stop shop for Puma owners almost

STEAVIE said:
im starting to gather a few spares from all these engine jobs camshafts rocker covers etc so if you need anything just ask and i will have a look what i got!

As Scott's said, bring as much as you can to FITP, and have your own mini auto jumble. ;)

Cherie said:
STEAVIE said:

As Scott's said, bring as much as you can to FITP, and have your own mini auto jumble. ;)

SOUNDS GOOD I WILL BRING SOME GOODIES!

No doubt i'll be sitting in the passanger seat with piles upon piles of parts that he'll bring!... Suddenly this journey is seeming a lot longer :p

Ok, so i've put a list together of future plans for the car..

Head Unit - DONE, installed tonight, got myself a nice Pioneer, the sound quality is amazing.
Wheels - Getting a new set in the next few weeks, nice spoked ones, instead of the flowers I have now =D
Drilled and grooved Break discs - When I have the money this is definatly a must buy.
New Brake pads - Maybe green stuff?.. not sure yet.
Braded Break hoses - STEVIE has them, and loves them, I think I might just have to try them out..
Xenon Lights - Maybe ordering them this weekend, anyone got any idea's on which HID to get?..
Footwell Neons - BLUE! :D Another maybe for this weekend.
Interior light BLUE - hmm, when I get it, I get it, no mega rush.
New Pedals, New Handbrake (Chrome) - When I have some extra cash
Rear plastic bit (next to fog light) - need one ASAP, hoping to pick one up at FITP
Front Mud flaps - another must buy, when i have spare cash..
Digital Dash - Hoping to get one next week :D
Windows Tinted - When I have the money, i'll do it..
Side Skirts - Found some perfect ones on an ebay shop, seriously debating just ordering them..
K&N Induction - ORDERED.
Paint touch up - Few scratches here n there i'd like touched up.
Dent removals - Few dings, would also like them sorted..
Straight through exhaust - Future purchase, won't buy one untill my current exhaust goes..
4-2-1 Manifold - Again, future... due to lack of funds :(
Racing Cams - I WANT, cant afford, just yet. :(
Re-map - once again, money.
De-tango side light - Probably some time this week.
Clean Engine bay - ASAP
Paint Rocker cover - Deciding on colours.. Maybe Black and blue?..
FRP Front Splitter - When I can get one..
spray break calipers - BLue probably, after i get the new disc's..

well, thats all I can think of right now, i'm sure the list will get bigger on the near future, I'll try and keep you updated with what i've done and if I can, get some pictures uploaded.

:]]]

we fitted the head unit after we came out the gym in the car park didnt look dodgy at all! lol!

Yeah lol, didn't look like we were just trying to steal it or anything! haha, looks good though, well happy with it! :D..

Gotta hand over the cash tomorrow though, not such a happy time! :(

Ok, so update!

K&N is on..
L.E.D Side lights are on (they look better than I thought they would :])
Door seals are on, I rather like them!
Gave it a clean on the inside, Fake tan seems to have gone (Thank god)
Blue interior light is in.. I've been called a chav SO much for that, but, I like it! lol

I have new pedals to go on
L.E.D strips for the footwells (another chav thing, but again, I like it :p)..
Gave the engine bay a quick clean, only spent 10 minutes on it, looks 100x better.

So far, very happy! :]

Latest posts

Back