"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenpenalver said:
take your hubcarriers to any decent independant garage. its about 10 minutes work a side with a hydraulic press to remove old bearings and press in new ones. remember always replace the pair.

Roger dodge... I have two, sets to be changed and new wishbones for either side. I've learnt to do both sides at the same time.

A tip as well. most people use a socket shaped thing to drive out the old and drive in the new bearings. A better option is an old bearing lying around. its perfect match to drive the new ones in! plus much stronger than a socket.

warrenpenalver said:
A tip as well. most people use a socket shaped thing to drive out the old and drive in the new bearings. A better option is an old bearing lying around. its perfect match to drive the new ones in! plus much stronger than a socket.

Well when they remove the old ones they will have some spare old ones to use. I did actually try using a socket on another old hub... just wasn't happening....

Feel yr pain,

I did it that way but had to heat it with a blow torch for a while before it would budge.

Simon

Quick clean before the Brands Trackday tomorrow.
Note. Back on SuperT's

DSC_00033.jpg

Looking great Mac, enjoy yourself tomorrow. Only thing which is spoiling you car is them poxy Pumabuild stickers on the wing mirrors.

They did paint the car and did some good restoration work on the car so they deserve a mention despite what others think of them, but thank you. The bad part is the SuperTs on it.

Would have been good to have had you on track Jay!

Where did you get that 5 paddle from, looks like the same clutch disk as my 1st one, is it from CG Motorsports in Leeds??

this is my one from CG motorsports looks abit different to yours and the springs look different too,CG motorsports list 2 paddle clutches for the puma one says its good for up to 180bhp and the other one says its good for 250bhp,mine feels pretty nice on the pedal but i havent tested it hard yet :) its only been round the block a few times so far lol.

did you clean the block breather box out ? mine was pretty bad after some boost so i blocked the breather channels off to the inlet manifold in the end and rerouted it to the oil catch tank

it was worse that what is shown in the picture a load fell out as i removed it!

i T'd it in with the crank case breather then to a 22mm hose to the catch tank

big blue hose in the pic

something you mite want to do as your going to be running boost

Back