"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First chance I've really had to read through the whole thread. Great project you've got Greg I love the White, and all the bits you've done to it make it look absolutely awesome :D

Great job :eek:k:

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats for the begining.

A picture when first bought.

DSC_0035.jpg

Ah, didn't realise you did the full job on it. Well done :eek:k:

Can I be so bold and say I think it needs lowering a tad as it looks a bit gappy (no idea if that's a real word...lol) above the tyres. I'm assuming it's still at standard height by these photo's as I never noticed it at FF or on the photo's from there.

Again, still love this car anyway :thumbs:

Read your previous thread from the beginning - you've definitely done well! Loving the engine bay - i want mine to look like that eventually.

Those rally wounds looked pretty bad too - glad you decided to keep it and fix it up rather than write it off :eek:k:

Sparx said:
Read your previous thread from the beginning - you've definitely done well! Loving the engine bay - i want mine to look like that eventually.

Those rally wounds looked pretty bad too - glad you decided to keep it and fix it up rather than write it off :eek:k:

It was a very bad christmas time for me... but got it all fixed. She's never felt the same since though, and i did consider to pull everything off and put it onto another, but it was a 5 minute consideration.... i don't give up so easily. But there is still a good £2000-£3000 worth of work i intend to do.

......... I've spent then last 10 minutes writing and deleting this next statement because of the way it sounds... but theres no way else.... The most PC way......

I'd like to see what work you've done on your engine bay....

:-o :funny:

I havent actually done any yet :( i wanna clean it and tidy it up though, samco hoses, would like an FRP inlet. Make it look pretty :lol:
Then maybe once i've saved some pennies i'll start trying to squeeze more power out of her

Looks awesome in the flesh as well matey, very impressed when I saw it at Ford Fair.

Agree with Yip, maybe a little drop would look even better.

I really need to get my finger out and do something radical with my Puma else it will be going

Scotty1.7 said:
Looks awesome in the flesh as well matey, very impressed when I saw it at Ford Fair.

Agree with Yip, maybe a little drop would look even better.

I really need to get my finger out and do something radical with my Puma else it will be going

Cheers Scotty, It will have some coilovers on at some point and i do agree with a drop, but it will be nothing too radical 30mm at the most.
Money is always the issue as i'm spreading it between three cars.

Agreed there- 30mm would look just right. Though I'd say no to the coilovers, only cause of the state of the roads.

If you Use it as a daily driver I'd lookm at springs and shocks.

I had Weitic coilovers on mine and they have bitten the dust after 1 year of daily use.

If you can stomache the cost id look at bilsteins spring and shock kit. Not cheap but supposedly great for road holding and comfort.

Were'nt your Weitecs second hand Scotty?. Bugger all wrong with mine after more than a year and 12k+ miles which includes 24 laps round the Ring' so they were either knackered when you bought them or your driving is terrible!!
Oh...and mine are almost as comfy as standard ones but give MUCH better handling ;)

I'm gonna go with your bad driving as you go/went through wheel bearings like they were toffee too :p

Projected Upgrades for the next 5-6 months

connect interior neons
connect exterior neons
connect push starter
Shortened aerial

fit new wheel nuts
HID lights
Iridium spark plugs
ignition leads

Mesh bonnet scoop
Rear wind tints
Fix heater problem
black carpet from older model puma
new black boot flooring
Underseal entire car

Fit chrome header tank
Samco engine hoses

Fit Alcon brakes
Powdercoat rear beam
Powdercoat front subframe
new wishbones
new stabiliser rods
new track rod ends
lower front strut brace
upper front strut brace
new brake lines
?? size rear axle spacers
Powerflex all bushes
?? new suspension

Possible vinyl design

Seriously considering low boost turbo charger the same as
madhillbilly17
With that, 5 paddle clutch.

Rolling road
Mini service as i do most myself

Wow that's alot planned :) make sure you keep us up to date every time you cross something off your list :D

Bilsteain do a PS9 kit for the puma, think its order only though- not sure on cost.

Yip, they only had 1000 miles on them when i got them on mine :( I blame the roads round here.

Safest way for a good comfy car, that goes low for shows is airbags lol

Adding to the list above... i'm now starting to get the parts for the turbo charger conversion.

Parts on their way:

Garrett T25 Turbo
Intercooler
Oil Catch Tank
Adjustable Dump Valve
Air/Fuel Pressure Regulator

Looking into re-locating the battery to the boot to free up engine bay space.

Rolling road set for Thurs 8th

Back