Front Alcon Discs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey s

Hi all,

Have been advised the front left Alcon disc is slighty warped.

I have been looking into replacements but believe all original Alcon discs are no longer available.

I see puma speed do a machined down pair or believe another option is the bell and rotor route?

The mechanic also suggested it maybe possible to get the original Alcon disc skimmed as the warping is only slight?

Please any suggestions and knowledge will be most helpful.

Thank

Mike

Hi Mike,

Genuine Alcon discs are very, very hard to come by. Pumabuild do a bell and rotor option, as does Chris st Alison Automotive. His are Hi-Spec bells and rotors and that’s what I’ve got on mine. Personal opinion but I prefer the look of Hi-Spec.

You could get the Alcons machined for sure, but the minimum thickness is 26mm from
Memory.

James

Hi Mike,
Have you found that the brakes/steering were vibrating under load, whilst I realise the discs might worn down it might be that the pads have not been bedded in properly, Have a word with Chris discs very rarely Warp.
Did the Mechanic actual place a gauge against the disc and show your the disc surface displacement, the phrase “Warped discs mate” seems to one commonly used in the motor trade !

mikey s said:
The mechanic also suggested it maybe possible to get the original Alcon disc skimmed as the warping is only slight?

Mike

Yes, possible but needs to be done on good equipment that produces the right finish that will bed back in again... the chap I use uses a diamond skimming machine that he uses for flywheels etc and they bed back in OK (generally speaking)

:eek:k:

Latest posts

Back