front and back speaker dimensions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front is 13cm / 16cm depending on who you ask. Rear is 5" x 7".

6x8 will also fit in the back, look for custom fit speakers in this size. 6x8 / 5x7 are unusual sizes, these are generally custom fit speakers for Ford or Mazda.

No, the quoted sizes need no adaptors, however you can get adaptors for the rear to fit round speakers.

i can only seem to find the front ones which seems abit weird

is this what i should be after?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Front-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 286.c0.m14

iv just fitted some front door speakers made up my own adapter out of 3mm MDF as the front speakers are helld in by 3 screws instead of the normal 4 also i was fitting a slighty smaller sized speaker worked really well tho. and the rears (dhind the rear quater panel trim) you can adapt upto 6x9's and the bottom halfs iv seen people fit more speakers in them picture borrowed from another forum

http://www.pumapeople.com/stuff/1208969592/gallery_11787_48_21711.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pumapeople linked pictures won't show up outside Pumapeople rapid_rupio.

using adapters will only offset the speaker and make contact with the door trim even more of a problem....

the oem speaker are quite unusual, as they are 5 1/4 inch (13cm) mounted in a 6" template.... hence the never ending debate on what speakers will fit...lol :)

13cm fiesta speaker fit fine.... just fill any small gap in with black silicone...also mount the speaker on silicone...

15cm (6") are much rarer, and are a VERY neat fit... ;)

16cm speaker (6.5") is the standard.... these will fit in the holes no problem (drilling new holes), but will almost certainly 'buzz' against the door card no matter how much you prat around trying to fix the issue.....(you can tell iv'e been there)...

:)

13cm speakers work fine after drilling the holes for them and for the back if you wanted 13cm also you could buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAK-1511-Ford-Puma-130mm-Front-Door-Speaker-Adaptor-Kit_W0QQitemZ160343146130QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP?hash=item2555323e92&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this adaptor will fit straight into the place of where the old rear speakers was you cant use these for the front i found they obstruted everything.

Useful thread, thanks, I've now ordered some Infinity 5022i 13cm (5.25") speakers for the front doors.

Left with my old 16cm (6.5") Infinity 6522i speakers, which had from my old car.. failed attempting to get them to fit in my Puma front doors. Be nice if they fitted in the rear with an adapter... will look into possibly making an adapter up for them before selling them on.

d@mmit! i just bought some of these adaptors to fit my new 13cm speakers into the doors of my puma!

looks like they'll be going back on ebay lol!

the adapter on that link looks wrong anyway...

looks like an adapter to convert the REAR 6x8 hole to a round 130mm... and god knows why you'd want to do that.. :?

if your buying 130mm up front you need to (ideally) dynamat round the opening...bond in place with sealent (screws too of course)... and then wipe sealent also round the speaker to seal off the small gap.... also seal off all the holes around that area and behind the speaker, this will create a much better 'enclosure' for the speaker and improve the sound no end..

:cool:

Back