Front wheel spacers?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulous

I've just fitted 20mm rear axle spacers and very pleased with the results. However I'm now thinking about the fronts. On the rears I went with axle spacers rather than hubcentric wheel spacers as that seemed like the best option, but what is the best option for the fronts??

Having trawled the various posts I'm concerned about wheel bearings, balancing and messing things up! Should I just leave them as is?? Personally I'd like to push them out a little to align a little better with the rears (maybe just 5-10mm) but only if it can be done safely. Help??

Hi.
I run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, because l run Focus ST 170 wheels the bearings only load up the equivelent of 16mm spacers. Prior to the Focus wheels l was running 20mm spacers. Over the past six years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. On that basis l would not worry about overloading the wheel bearings. Hope this is of use to you.

Regards
Richard

Back