FRP 591, FRP replica, plus turbo conversion project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh Rotas on a Puma! I love it! :D
My jap mad mates keep telling me to get a set of rotas for mine... in fact they keep telling me to go jap... :|

I'm running AP coilovers, with an adapter collar to fit the standard puma shocks in to the FRP knuckles (the collar I had a friend make up for me) no modifications to the arches...... Yet! The rear will be fine, might need to cut back and weld the chasis rail join on the front, I have already hammered it flat when I converted my car with the wide arches

It is alot of work but it's easily worth it! You will have the issue of what wheels to go for either custom spacers like ine on a standard offset wheel, or custom wheels e.g. Compomotive or such like, at least with mine I can be pretty confident that I'm the only puma with 18" Rota wheels!

Sweet, do u have super stretched Tyres like the vw boys, that always looks cool if the wheels poke out a bit

This car is the dream I had for mine - It looks sooo goood! I could do with your shell :lol:

Mine's going for re-spray, nows the time to get it done, but it's cost! hmmm

moondustka said:
This car is the dream I had for mine - It looks sooo goood! I could do with your shell :lol:

Shop around try a motorsport spray shop, they do it for much cheaper.

moondustka said:

Thanks bud! To be honest I never bought my puma thinking it would go this far but it's a project that kinda got carried away! I remember reading fast ford when warrens car was on the front cover (back when it was owned by puma build) and thinking 'I'd love a modified wide arch puma' guess that dream came true! As for doing something like it your self I just kept my eye out for cheap FRP parts and slowly collected them all, however alot of parts were bought new from ford or custom made but that's the thing I love about mine, I built it myself

wheels on and looking awesome!

2140dae2.jpg

8b675644.jpg

9ecf32a5.jpg

car feels alot better to drive, accelerates, turns and brakes alot quicker

:) thanks bud! It was a bit of a gamble getting them not knowing how they would turn out but I'm pretty happy with the results

If you're going to Ford Fair, remind me to bring some tissues.

This is looking ridiculously nice. I'm actually thinking it's unfair. Put some stickers down your door or something to screw it up so I can feel better :p

:lol:

Back