FRP airbox mod (need some tips)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello to everyone, i have bought an airbox from an other 1.7 puma, and i want to mod it like the FRP one, i saw the guide but i don't know how to cut the plastic of the airbox, i need a special tool? Seems like very hard, i don't wanna broke it, and where can i found the 68mm tube? And the front flexible tube? Only online? Thanks :wink:

The 68mm pipe is just drain pipe cut down to the correct length, and a Dremel or similar tool would be my choice to cut the airbox.

Hello guys, i reopen the post with another question, it is good if i use a 70 or 75mm tube? Because the 68 its impossible to find there :-( for the 75 i have already find the flexible tube for the cold air feed, what do you think? (My fear is to make a too much air in the engine and to make damages) thanks to all!

I think the difference will be negligible and that it wont make much if any difference

Hello guys! I have an idea, i'm not sure about it, but i ask to you if it is good, after two days of searching the 68mm tube i haven't found nothing, and i can't find flexible tubes for the cold air feed in these measures, so the only flexible i find is a 60mm aluminium cold air feed tube, and i have noticed in the airbox a 60mm hole in the front! With a cap, what is the cap? (the red rounded one in the photo) why ford makes this in the front of the air box? Anyone knows why? :?: for you is good if i use this hole with the 60mm aluminium tube for the cold air feed? Thanks to all :wink:

Attachments

• 20220127_182244.jpg
    20220127_182244.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 80
Hello guys!!! I'm very happy for now, i have removed the resonator and the cap in the bottom of the airbox, and i'm very happy with the result! The puma now is more aggressive in acceleration and seems like have more power! The next step is to put the tube from the airbox vent to the front bumper grill, i have the aluminium flexible tube, and i have buy an aluminium 80mm round to work on it in a lathe to make a "funnel" to put in the top of the flexible tube, to have the entry air without turbolences! :lol:

Thank you for share this! I'm happy with this result, because the puma in now more aggressive in acceleration, and i think the incremented power is the same with the frp mod, because i have removed the resonator and i have a cold air feed from the front of the airbox like in the frp, but in this case i used the stock hole, without cut the airbox :wink:

Latest posts

Back