frp braided brake lines are pants!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

ok my rears were pre-recall so they chaffed & exploded but instead of buying the proper ones for £75 i made a rear set from re-useable goodridge parts and PROPER goodridge braided hose & the breaking is awesome!!!!

only proplem is the fittings are plated STEEL! but iv found out stainless fittings are availble to order (for about 4x the price!) so gonna do the fronts & redo the rears soonish.

rears are now made to a much better design too cos i can put the line where i want it, i swear ford designers need shooting....

When I fitted my ST170 carriers I noticed there wasn't exactly much slack.

Try HAL for your lines, cheaper than Goodridge and s/s as standard. Not sure if they do custom jobs though.

Hi Jacko

I know FlashBastd meant to put HEL.

If you contact Ben Viner at HEL, he said he can make up anything you want. If you can send a sample, it would be great. Clubs can qualify for a discount as well as bulk buys:

http://www.helcarkits.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel: +44 (0) 1392 811601
Fax: +44 (0) 1392 811681
Email: [email protected]

HEL Performance Products
Lower Trelake Business Park
Tedburn Road
Whitestone
Exeter
Devon
EX4 2HF
United Kingdom

You can have different coloured sleeves, at no extra cost.

i was gonna say id dig the old one out but they were a recall job from ford so failed directly from the factory!

they sound good but iv seen piccies & they look the same as goodbridge lines....good but not as tough as the actual braided line you buy by the metre.....

will stick to the proper stuff as it also means i can route it where i want to by choosing angled bango's etc

thanks tho

Latest posts

Back