FRP Drive Shafts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheels no 1

FRP Drive Shafts ?

Does anyone on here know were you can get some made up without paying out silly money come on how about you Jacko. Bump.

Shaftec can provide them I think and or refurbish old ones which is who Jacko and Chris have used.

Pumabuild have got LOADS of FRP bar shafts in stock...just choose whether you want to use those with your own re-useable bits or build up a whole new shaft set....

shaftec can refurb your current shafts.... but it's unlikely that they will last as long as the oem ford CV's... ford CV's are pretty costly but they last a LONG time...

:cool:

so its just the bar thats different? How much you talking to have the whole drive shaft replaced using ford parts? Considering this nxt year while u said my cv has seen better days :(

i got shaftec to modify a driveshaft from there range to frp spec in 3 days inc postage both ways, sent off a broken one as a template. £64 iirc posted

shaftec cv's are new, and would last long enough i imagine

mikeFRP said:
so its just the bar thats different?

yep..

mikeFRP said:
How much you talking to have the whole drive shaft replaced using ford parts? Considering this nxt year while u said my cv has seen better days :(

A fair few quid... :grin: Ford CV joints are over £100 each + the intermediate shaft.. another £70ish quid i think...+ boot kits + spider bearings... certainly adds up...

would look nice tho... :cool:

that was on my list for this year... but some **** left his car at mine for 3 weeks... :lol:

haha. U know u loved it really :p would be awesome. Really compliment the work you did on the bk. Will do some saving this winter and see wer i end up :) wont take such a big hit to the wallet then, :0 lol. Then definatly the respray. Been saying that for 3 years,haha.

Back