FRP induction cone size

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downhuman

Hey guys

looking to do my own filter setup for the FRP

What size cone would I need? Is the MAS body to which the air filter attaches 65mm??

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

If no one has replied then I can probably reply back with the size by tomorrow evening!

Red

Thanks Red

I asked on PumaPpl but all I got was opinions on changing the OEM induction setup, rather than the answer I was after....

Appreciate your help

Rob

I thought the throttle body was 58mm? IIRC the Mondeo one is 65mm?

Modify a FRP? Blashphamy!!!! At least according to some people.

Im sure Jacko knows, he will likely be online later.

More simply, is the FRP and Puma's inlet the same (ie do induction cones fit both - the difference being only the bracket?)

Please confirm as I've ordered a sheilded kit and it is made for a 'standard' puma....

I believe that they are the same size, sorry I did not get a chance to check last night :(

I have a cone in my garage that I can measure.

That's fine thanks mate - I've ordered it now so I guess if it doesn't fit I'll have to return it or fleabay it

Should be interesting to see whether the doomsayers are right around reducing performance.

The kit I've gone for is a Quickshift stainless filter with stainless steel heatshielding.

I think if I keep the OEM airbox 'base' in the car it should prevent crud from kicking up from the nearside wheel into my engine bay.

Retaining the OEM cold air pipework should minimise any heatsoak

Should all add to the antisocial noise of the car !

I had a filter in my boggo 1.7 for about 6 months. I got tired of the noise and got rid. Its nice on short journeys but to me it sounded like the engine was struggling when it wasnt. Personal preference i'd say, the performance loss/gain is negligble either way.

Vortex has a cone filter in #0165 the noise when it's sucking air in during acceleration is cool :cool:

Like it's eating small animals!

Back