FRP inlet manifold on 1.7 engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e3silversurfer

hi everyone, I am wondering what are the implications of installing an FRP inlet manifold onto a std puma. is it a simple off and bolt on job? or do you need specialized staff to do the job??

what happens to the existing air intake pipe hole in the engine as I think the pipe get redirected onto the inlet manifold rather than straight onto the engine under the coil pack.

planning to building up the red frp into frp spec from broken FRP parts.

thanks all for your help in advance

When PS had a few in stock they listed it as instant 'bolt on' power so i dont think its too hard to fit. Good luck finding one though, they usually go for about £400 iirc.

It is literally just bolt on from what i've heard.

Make sure you have the gaskets etc to hand.

yep; bolt on, make sure youv got a spare gasket.

you will need the intake pipe and the 'fitting kit' (bracket underneath steadies it against engine & assorted bolts etc)

not cheap tho!

Ive been thinking about one of these, but its just not worth it!
When these guys will do you a gsxr tb conversion with custom made inlet & a v3 standalone ecu for your puma for under £1000!!!!!
http://www.mtechautomotive.co.uk/ZetecTBKit.html
On there website there doing jenvey throttle bodies but they do gsxr throttle bodies too!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

throttle bodies................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Mmmm throttle bodies.. 20mpg goodness.... lol

the red frp is a standard 1.7 which has been modified with FRP parts in the past. about 70% of the parts on it are from an frp.

doors,
gear,
wheels,
panels,
doors,
wing mirrors,
bonnet,
bumpers,
exhaust,
exhaust manifold,
steering rack

only needs the following:

petrol flap,
inlet manifold,
rear brake discs,

I am not a fan of alcons and the problems they bring or too fussed about the interior atm.

so thats that ;)

that lists a bit off....had a proper look when you bought it;

genuine frp bits on it;

wings
rear quarters
bumpers, splitter, meshes
suspension; wishbones, rear spacers, hub carriers, shocks, springs
exhaust was, but now miltek?
track rods (steering rack)
wheels
now has my old frp gearbox ready to fit

needs;
brakes
ecu
cams, inlet, airbox etc
interior
petrol flap (this is what makes it look like a copy; as its that old & has too many gen parts that i think its history is as interesting as mine & if you hadnt have bought it i would & i still want first refusal when u sell! it is def a copy tho as the rear quarters are not factory sealed like mine)
2000 wiring loom?

Hey, im fitting a FRP inlet to my focus 1.6 and i was wondering how the hell i get the servo black rigid pipe into the inlet. And there is another one!
so 2 black rigid plastic pipes that need adapting somehow ?! :?
Anyone know how? its not a bolt on part lol.

Help will be very much apreciated! Cheers, Tom

pics:
P200309_171801.jpg

P200309_1718.jpg

O yea, plus i have removed 3 plugs which im guessing link to sensors!
1 comes from the throttle body which obviuosly goes back, one next to the throttle body in a cilinder shape and the 3rd was at the end of the manifold which has no place in the new FRP manifold!

Cheers, Tom

didnt think u could fit a fro inlet to a standard 1.6 engine?? have you got the rest of the std 1.7 inlet to go with it??

they fit 1.25, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.7 engines lol. they all have the same header!
what do you mean the rest of the inlet?

when u do take that picture, can u see where the sensors are!
theres one on the throttle body, one on the inlet by the throttle body, and on my focus i have an extra on which goes in the oposite side of the inlet if ya get me.
Cheers, Tom

Back