FRP manifold number: xxxx??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to your question is, they made 500 cars but more than 500 manioflds, those after the intial 500 wernt numbered, iirc.

hmmmm... i could number it myself ;) wohooo :p

wondering what number is mine though.... doesnt say anywhere on it unfortunately.....

is there a unique part/serial number???

thats how some of the manifolds you see are above 500. Dont think there is any way of findig out what number yours is :s

If i was you i would engrave it unique to the car not yourself unless your planning on keeping the car forever :)

Put "FMC 01" on it to really confuse people..

stirring.gif

My Manifold doesnt have a number. I was going to engrave my nick name there but havnt had chance yet

Ok now that i have got this here comes the headache part.... How do i get this on... I do not understand the number of connections (pipes and electrical) on them... I count 7 different inputs (or outputs) on the inlet manifold but i can only see 5 on the standard puma manifold.

the manifold:
3522684251_e743cf52fe.jpg

here they are:

2 unknown
3522679201_2eb95e8b09.jpg

3 unknown 1 inlet air tempreture sensor
3523485778_f68aa59795.jpg

ICV
3522683717_7e27d93e85.jpg

is this alright?? or is it damaged??

3522678497_5f57f10d4a.jpg

the other very big hole is for the MAF.

on the standard puma i can only see 5 pipes into the manifold:

3523485222_3f5bfc94a6.jpg

can anyone direct me with the correct pipes to the correct connectors please ?? :)

DradusContact said:
The answer to your question is, they made 500 cars but more than 500 manioflds, those after the intial 500 wernt numbered, iirc.

not true.. there were all 1000 numbered
i saw some with number 6XX, 5XX ...

they only numbered upto 500 odd as far as iv seen. never seen one with a 6**. def no more after 700. they were going to make 1000 cars but got ditched quite early

elvin, save it for a summer job & come down to mine.....

thanks matt. used loads of carberator cleaner to clean the insides (just a thought... is that carbuerator cleaner same as petrol??)

after that wiped dry and used autosol to polish it. took about 2 hours. thinking of sanding down the rough parts and get them polished as well... but not so sure if thats practical.

If you never get round to fitting it elvin, i know a nice little 1.7 that would love an frp manifold! :eek:k:

Back