FRP or Fiesta ST?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally mate I just dont find the ST exciting at all.... thats just my opinion :)

Ive owned 2 standard 1.7 Pumas and always wanted an FRP, I was offered mine at a right time and just seemed stupid to say no to the upgrade I was after :D

as for your last comment... that would be a matter of opinion. as some have said, they couldnt justify the extra for the FRP but others will...

once you have driven them both, done abit of research of both you'll have a better idea as for whats best for you :eek:k:

If you want a 4 seater slightly faster shopping cart buy the ST if the want a 2 seater (not recommend for passengers) coupe that was designed from the ground up around maneuverability and can still carry your shopping home (FRP still has a massive boot) then buy the FRP.

It sounds to me like you secretly want a standard Puma...if you want to jazz it up you can buy the 1.6 and turbo it etc.

as ive driven both
in reality i would by the st for its engine the modern duratec is a great engine to work with and is capable of figures of 350bhp with alot of parts available to turn it from nippy to poo yourself acceloration one of my customers has one that is pushing just over 240 bhp and its still usable handling can be changed to make it handle as good as if not better then the frp
i would buy the puma for the fact is is becoming a rare car but as said above you will be fixing up most of them now plus with the decline of off the shelf parts available from ford you will be looking at alot of money if things go wrong
power plant in this car is good but theres not much more that can be gained from this car and purists will hate you if you do anything that is different or change the looks or style of the car

i love both of the cars for different reasons but as you say its heart versus head

Buy the FRP !!! my mate has an ST and my (standard?) 1.7 Puma keeps up with it on the track, plus the FRP looks miles better than a standard car with white stripes.
Live the dream !!! and own a classic, I think I will be buying an FRP soon to keep for the long Haul.
Cheers
Scott

crystalpuma said:
It sounds to me like you secretly want a standard Puma...if you want to jazz it up you can buy the 1.6 and turbo it etc.

I already have a 1.4.

I've been looking around a lot lately, and I think I want the FRP. They're stunning to look at and the rarity is a huge draw. And if I had an FRP I wouldn't modify it, keep it original, not for fear of pissing off the purists but because I don't want to spoil it. My 1.4 is for modifying.

Back