FRP replica

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, feeling a little down today, /> had a major set back. You may remember me saying that I messed up on e stripes and had to order new once? Ok so today I tryed to fiks the problem, started to remove the old stripe, only to actualy pull off a pice of the paint

I feel your pain. I removed some rather nasty graphics that were on the car when I bought it and the same thing happened to me :-( Fortunately it was just above the rusty rear arch so I got the rust sorted and the rear quarter resprayed.

Sorry to hear about this :( but yea the stripe really would look better if it went all the way to the rear arch..

Guess I'l just have to bite the bullit, and order a 3 set of stripes, anyone got a setof performance blue focus st 3door stripes laying around? There are only silver once on e-bay right now, and they cos about 90£ to order from ford, and that's whit my discount :/

Hi, some progres has been made.

As you all know, frp wheelarch liners are not growing on trees, and if you try to fix the standard one, it looks like this

1009742_10152942921675596_2056471686_n.jpg

So I was thinking, what do I do. The rear once fit okish, need to do something back there stil to the extrnded arch anyway, but that's for later.

The solution is suprisingly simple, by forgoing e standard mountings, and pull it upp, use some self taping screws, and hey presto, it fit's like a glove :)/>

1009738_10152942922235596_1977096455_n.jpg

Also, my window rubber surounds were looking worn, so I treted them to some plastidip :)/> now, they look like new :)/>

Before
1011705_10152945661790596_354902308_n.jpg

After
1010450_10152945666010596_2079936954_n.jpg

I doo wish I had taken the windows out before mounting the body kit, but oh well, maby next time :)/>

I'we found myself thinkingof selling it, and building a new one, a better one. But knowing how much work, how much money, and how much time it took to build is one... I'm not so shure I want to :)/>

I need to correct the colour thoug, Ithought it was frozen whote, becaus the painter said he had some he would youse, but apparentley it wasn't enough, so he used diamond white instead. I stil ink it looks grate thoug
Maby some day, it eil be re done, more perfectley by somone who knows what they are dooing, but for now, I use it every day, why would I need a shovw car finish?

Just got my new tyers today :)/> wil be fitting them asap :)/>

998815_10152981456005596_374995169_n.jpg

Bought a new amp for my subs the other day, a JBL GTO 2000 I'we only rought ajusted it so far, but I'm werry pleaced whit the results :)/> may need some new subs now :)/>

Right... just popped my aplication to the department ovfmotorvehicles for aproval of the modifications I'we done in the mail. Fingers crossed

put 4 new tyers on yesterday, and even thoug I know so whel how much good tyers improve the car, it never seces to impress me how much better it gets loving my new tyers

jay, so I got a replacement rear seat cusion the other day, now I can replace the brand new one that ,y frien spiled builders foam, on.... I cleaned it and cleaned it, and I got most out, but I can stil se it, and it was bugging the h.... out of me. new one looks the part thoug :) althoug the alcantara seems a bit loose compared to the first one, is this normal? perhaps I shal aply some fabric glue under there, and sit on it for a while :)

Hi gang :)

ok so I could not make it to ford fair today, but I went to a ford rack day here in norway, at Rudskogen. I love this track :)

my brother in lav i s making a video of the day, we had 2 hero cams on the car, and we had our dslr's videoing, and shooting photos.

this is some of the source material, the finished product may be some time out, but until then :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-vx4-m9C0&feature=share&list=UUyNu4hbvEFmZAB1IrPZI2Uw[/youtube]

ok, so I was flagged in at the end there, it was a techbical flag. somone had spotted that my car leaks fuel. I now I need a new fuel tan :/ oh wel, it had to come :)

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/72257237" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/72257237">Fordtreffet 2013</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/svelauk">slauk</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

http://vimeo.com/72257237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trying to get the embeded video to work, if anyone knows how, pleace let me know :)

Wel... as some of you that are my friends on facebook may or may not have noticed, I'we put "138" up for sale...

this has nothing to do whit me not wanting the car anymore, but our transportation needs have changed..

resently my father in law, bought his fathers old cabin in the woods, so now we can use it a we pleace. and as a result my wife has desided that we wil now be outdorsy cabin people :) tbh I'm not much of a cabin person, but atleast it has power and the posebilety of water:)
Later in life my wife and hear brother and sister wil enherit (did i get that right?) this cabin so I might as wel just get used to it :)

As I'we been there both in the summer, and the winter, In the summer, it's ok to drive there in any car actualy, but in the winter, it is as near as makes no difference imposible to get there whitout AWD. so as my wife loves the snow (god knows why) it stands to reason that we wil spend plenty of weekends up there in the winter as well as the summer, so I need a car whit AWD.

Now I realy want a Volvo XC90, but they are to expensive at the moment. so it looks like it wil be a Land Rover Freelander TD4, they are in my price range, and they are in my price range, and they are fairly good off road. now I just need to find one that is as new as possible, whit not to many miles, a fuel opperated heater, and that looks good:)

I wil defenetly stil be wisiting this forum on a regular basis. this comunety is to good to leave behind. and ods are I either wont be able to sel it, or I wil get a new one some time down the line :)

Wish me luck guys :)

Keep it as your summer car :grin:

Convert it to 4WD?

Or else good luck!

(And yes inherit is the correct term)

I would love to keep it as a summer car, and I may werry wel do it. the main issue whit that is that here in norway, you can only pay road tax for 6 months at a time, split in june/july :/ go figgure :)

we'll se :)

thax btw :)

Latest posts

Back