FRP RS

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

I understand that Pumabuild have fitted at least one FRP with a Focus RS engine. From what I can gather it goes like the stink and a lot of people have shown interest in doing the same thing. Question is, what would that do to the value of the car?

Same with any car, once you mod it you won't get your money back!!!

Specially if pumabuild do it, haha.

Still would be an awesome car :)

Are Pumabuild bad then? I was under the impression they were some of the top experts in the Puma and Focus range?

Not sure about that one.

Not many people will swop the engine in the Frp though. A member on here is putting the fez st150 engine in though.

The Frp engine bay is similar to the fiesta ml 4/5 and puma. All sorts of conversions have been done in them cars so anything is possible. At the moment on zsoc 2 fiesta frps have turbo conversions with good results.

Personally I'm going for a wizards of nos nitrous kit with 50hp settings. Engine stays standard and the kit gives massive hp and torque benefits when I want it from the kit :)

Each to there own though. Pros and cons to everything. Would be boring if we all did the same mods ;)

Right, no more NOS debates please (you both know who you are). It has been discussed enough times already - a search can help you out if you want to know more.

Tomcat said:
What about the 2.0 turbo charged Ecoboost?

Or a 1.6 ecoboost to 200-250hp?

that'll probably be the more likely since the tech might end up on a new Fiesta RS in the coming future.

Ford need to do something to challenge the new wave of super-hatch cars....

a little pissed off my comments have been removed neil...

they were not inflammatory, i know a lot about tuning and have always felt free to express my opinion on this forum

not my fault if someone (we know is easily riled) takes offense to me talking.....i dont think theres any room on this site for people like him

theres certainly no room for negative, degrading or bullying comments from him

id like my comments to be put back up, if i need reprimanding for any part of them you know im man enough for that

i have been man enough to challenge him to prove me wrong via pm, as usual i doubt he will be polite or knowledgeable enough to respond

jacko said:

You have a PM. I won't go into all that here, but any more sniping between the two of you and the thread will be removed permanantley.

Neil said:
jacko said:

You have a PM. I won't go into all that here, but any more sniping between the two of you and the thread will be removed permanantley.

What's happened to my thread since I've been gone?? :-(

Xrion236 said:
Tomcat said:
What about the 2.0 turbo charged Ecoboost?

Or a 1.6 ecoboost to 200-250hp?

that'll probably be the more likely since the tech might end up on a new Fiesta RS in the coming future.

Ford need to do something to challenge the new wave of super-hatch cars....

Cor, are you kidding, 200 - 250bhp out of a 1.6 engine?! :shock: Is that the 1.6 Ecoboost without mods?

sorry the thread got hijacked guys. old history.

wow....thats a lot of power or a 1.6!

yeah, probably horrible lag! maybe 2 turbos :) small and a big, or a supercharger to 4k, turbo for high revs....

1.6-litre EcoBoost (150, 182PS)
Type Inline four cylinder turbo petrol, direct fuel injection and Ti-VCT, transverse
Displacement 1596
Bore 79.0
Stroke 81.4
Compression ratio 10.0:1
Max power 150 (110) / 182 (134) at 5700 rpm
Max torque
240 (270 with transient overboost) at 1600-4000 rpm (1900-3500 rpm for overboost)
240 (270 with transient overboost) at 1600-5000 rpm (1900-4000 rpm for overboost)
Valve gear DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder,twin independent variable cam timing
Cylinders 4 in line
Cylinder head Cast aluminium
Cylinder block Cast aluminium
Camshaft drive Timing belt with dynamic tensioner
Crankshaft Cast iron, 4 counterweights, 5 main bearings
Engine management Bosch MED17 with CAN-Bus and individual cylinder knock control
Fuel injection High pressure direct fuel injection with 6 hole injectors
Emission control Close coupled three-way catalyst system with heated oxygen sensors and catalyst monitor sensors post catalyst
Emission level Euro Stage 5
Turbocharger Borg Warner KP39 low inertia turbo
Lubrication system Pressure-fed lubrication system with variable displacement pump and full flow oil filter
System capacity with filter 4.1
Cooling system Water pump with thermostat and valves, with thermal management system
System capacity incl heater 5.5

And the 200HP figure is from the old Fiesta S2000.

jacko said:
not my fault if someone (we know is easily riled) takes offense to me talking.....i dont think theres any room on this site for people like him

theres certainly no room for negative, degrading or bullying comments from him

:lol: lol...perhaps you could link me to where i have degraded and bullyed...

of course i suppose it's been deleted... :lol:

My finger is hovering above the 'lock' button.

Leave it please.

Latest posts

Back