Fuel Gauge - Always read 1/2 full?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenscar

Just got Lauren's Puma on the road again and took it for a quick spin.

A few little niggles, most irritating is that the fuel gauge seems to be permanently stuck at 1/2 full?

It reads this whether the ignition is on or not...

Any ideas where to start looking for a fault like this's cause?

Thanks.

M.

Have you done anything with the fuel tank? My first thought would be sender unit in the tank. It wouldn't be my first option to check, but if youve done anything with it, thats an idea. Also check the wires that are under the rear bench seat, they are the fuel pump and sender unit wires. Other options are fuel gauge on dash, you can check if its the actual gauge by doing the dash diagnostic check (onloy if its a digital dash). Hold in the odometer reset button, and then turn the key from off, to position 2 while holding the button. All the gauges should sweep. Then you can run through the settings and i think there is a digital fuel level readout in there. If that reads zero, then you know the dash isnt getting a signal.

Hope there are a few ideas to get you started.

Seems it always shows how much fuel it has, whether the ignition's on or not - Pretty sure my car doesn't do that, but it's working, so that's ok :D

M.

Latest posts

Back