Fuel gauge fault

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fault in my fuel gauge and was wondering if anyone has much experience with them.
It work until about half a tank then drops down to empty, so I'm having to drive 300 mile to a tank!
that was OK until I forgot to reset the trip until 15 mile into a tank and caused the Mrs to run out of fuel cos I hadn't told her when to fill it when she borrowed it, so now I've been nagged to get it fixed.

I was mostly wondering if there are any known issues, either the gauge itself or do the sender's go. My local mechanic can fix it, but he says it would be a bollox trying to diagnose it. So if I knew it was most likely the sender I'd just get one and get him to stick it in.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I drove my last puma for a year without a fuel gauge. Only ran out once, and that's because I got out of rhythm.

Re diagnosis, its either going to be the sender in the tank or the gauge. Replacement sender should do it, just make sure you get the correct version as there are a few. Can sometimes do it off the VIN but the most reliable way is to whip the tank off and have a look at the label, something like YS6UDD, XS6UAA etc.

Thanks Ian, I will try an get the code an give you a shout. Any word on them headlight adjuster motors I got off you on eBay last Sunday, no sign of them yet just.
Cheers
Also, if you come across a spare back for the passenger side headlight let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

Headlight adjusters going to NI?

Went out Tuesday I think, let me know next couple of days as that's still standard UK domestic and should in theory be no slower than staying on the mainland.

Headlight back panels I have, see what happens with the other stuff and I'll either get more out all together or do another package with that in next week.

Back