fuel guage

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalisaNPumPumX

bought my first puma a week ago, fuel guage doesnt work, the fuel light is on and the guage just sits at bottom, just wondering, does anyone know how to find out wether its th sender or the guage without buying and fitting one of the other? cheers

might be worth putting some petrol in lol
sounds like the sender unit has packed up,and that is combined with the fuel pump so new unit is required

haha i did put petrol in cheeky!! and its okay now, cant be arsed messin about, so pickin a new sender unit up tomorrow from notts, 25quid :) will let yano how it goes thanks anyway! x

new sender unit it in, still nothing, so it cant be that, must be the clocks... theyre out now, need to get some clocks for it! only thing is... do i have to buy em with similar mileage on or is there any way of messin with a set to get my mileage back??

You usually just record the mileage of the old clocks and the new clocks at the time you swap them so that you can still track the mileage accurately from memory.

i used to have track mileage in my old Corsa until one day i misjudged it and well needless to say was more than embarassing haha and that was the last day i owned that car probs should have told the new owner about the none working petrol gauge but they never asked oops ....i didnt do it on purpose i was so intent on selling it i never got to tell them and by the time i remembered theyd gone and i had no contact details for them

What mileage are your clocks? I have 3 sets, at varius mileages, all digital dashes. The analogue dash can be manually moved, but digi dash needs to be calibrated, and isnt to cheap, better off just finding a set of clocks that are roughly the same mileage as yours, there are plenty of Puma/fiesta clocks on Ebay now, you should be able to find something with similar mileage, or if you have a tx10 screwdriver (i think), you can try just changing the fuel gauge motor, its unlikely that the motor will go, but theres a chance

Back