fuel pump issues for 99 model

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4Puma

Hello guys....im having some issues replacing the fuel pump...i had to replace the old one and ive got an used one...it works but it shows the fuel level backwards....full is empty and empty shows full...i thought its faulty so i bought one from eurocarparts using my reg no...and this one didnt even start and also shows the level backwards...when i payed more attention to the fuel pumps on the eurocarparts website...i saw on description that there are 3 different pumps for 3 different times: 97-99 , 99 and 00-02 ...mine is aug 99 so my feeling is that i can only use the one from 99 only...im going monday talk to the guys from the ford dealership see if they know anything about the issue...anyone on here have a clue about those issues? Cheers

I would check with IanG on the subject he will know. There are definitely two different ones not sure about three though.

Tnx....if he doesnt reply here ill message him...i noticed 3 on the eurocarparts website...it says on specifications...if u put your reg no and check all the fuel pumps specifications u will see....anyway its so weird to have so many fuel pumps for a car that was produced only for 5 years...same engine i mean...

I don't have much trust in any websites technical data particularly ebay.

Have you considered swapping your first replacement fuel pump onto your original sender unit? i.e take just the pump unit off the first replacement pump sender unit and fit it to your original sender after taking the original pump off.

I think its just a jubilee clip on each end iirc.

i would go with the dephi or this part number 441590010 ..... o code on the end means oe and 11 what the haas is are aftermarket and the plugs are wrong.

My reg is T865KCV ....i checked the delphi too but if u look at the specifications u will see its not for year 99 ...the only ones that are for year 99 are the first 2 on the list...one that is 183 pounds and one that is 90 but out of stock....the others are either til 01/99 or from 02/2000 ... the problem is that i cannot aford to pay 40 quids each time they take the tank out...i payed 2 times allready ...this time i really need to do this right...i will check with a ford dealer as well ...tnx for the advise though :)

I use to work for euros and i remember this problem, the other one will work dont matter about what the website says wrong input

Just to clarify, I've had this numerous times. The difference is between analogue clocks and digital. Ie early and late. I've your car has digital dash then you need late spec pump and sender assembly. That is all it is to it. Any mk5 fiesta pump fits also for the later ones, mk4 for early.
Mondeo mk2 98-00 also fit late pumas.
Hope this helps.

There are indeed three types

98FPCD which suit analogue cars up to mid Jan 99
XS6UFA which suit digital mid Jan 99 up to mid Feb 2000
YS6UDD which suit digital mid Feb 2000 onwards

T865KCV was assembled 26th April 99 so requires an XS6UFA by the book. Far better to see the old one but I understand we don't have that luxury. Could also see what you currently have fitted, what is the Ford equiv. code (I assume you have aftermarket part numbers, may need a bit of homework on that).

Always surprises and disappoints me that people not only can't sort out the difference (its in the catalogue which is readily available online) but also don't take ownership of the problem when they're doing the job. I'd perhaps suggest that you find a garage who can find the parts themselves rather than having you go to ECP to have them cost you money because its wrong.

Thank u for the advice....any ideea if the 2000 one will work? Or just the 99 one? Ill go to the Ford dealer as well and have a chat with them

No you need the right one, XS6U-9H307-FA.

I've got plenty if you want a used one.

Ford dealer won't be cheap but see what they say.

What would be the price pls? Maybe ill get both...the purge valve and the fuel pump...talk more on email after we sort out the purge valve thing...cheers :)

Back