funny noise!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettie boo

Hi guys after abit of motorway driving the other day my puma has now started making a funny noise, Can't quite explain it its something that goes around cus its like a scrapping wom wom wom wom!! :? and i put in up on ramps with it running and then changed gear it rattled/grinded like something was dragging. have just changed drive shafts and toped up gearbox oil couple weeks before the trip and all was fine!! a little worried its the gearbox!! :| cheers matt

on the long driveshaft, its the drivers side, there is a helper bearing, you will see it from under the car, listen to see if the noise is coming from there

Can someone please help me with my funny noise? It always sounds like theres a motor running or something and i don't know if this is normal and my speedo needle shakes as if its not sure how fast its going how do i stop it? Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Does the noise only occur when the lights are on?

Not sure about the speedo but many people I know with Fords have had weird needle problems and they seem to come and go by themselves.

It sounds like your headlight adjuster motors. Not sure what you can do with that information but I'm sure someone will come along and give you a cure as it's quite a common problem. Probably a fuse or connector want's unplugging...lol

OK thank you.

I now have another funny noise. My speedo is ticking at me and the faster i go the more it doesn't like me and starts screamin at me, does anyone else no of this problem or anyone else encountered it?

Aimmekins said:
OK thank you.

I now have another funny noise. My speedo is ticking at me and the faster i go the more it doesn't like me and starts screamin at me, does anyone else no of this problem or anyone else encountered it?
screamin???

Ariel ball????
This must be the weirdest yet
Disconnect the battery for up to 30 mins to reset computer.(make sure you have the radio code beforehand though)

i get a funny noise every time i press the accelerator, like a whining and it comes from the passenger seat area, funny only happens when i got the GF in the car :?

Back