G-Max Suspension

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Hiya,

I have just had a G-Max Suspension Kit fitted to my Ford Puma (1999). To compliment the upgrade I also bought new top mounts front and rear and new spring vibration dampers for the front suspension.

I had other jobs done at the same time relating to the front and rear end.

Now that I have had the car back - the ride height does not seem to be any different. The 30mm that its meant to lowered all round (i know 30mm is not a lot) but I did expect the gap between the wheelarch and the tyre to be less - but it looks more or less the same.

Could the shocks and springs be fitted wrongly? are the springs the same length front and rear? are the spring vibration dampers required?

The kit was purchased from PumaBuild.

Usually brand new springs need to settle as they've never been compressed for extended periods.

If it's not sunk in about a week then start asking questions :eek:k:

Ford TIS Ride Height Specifications:
Nominal curb height (wheel centre to arch, measured at wheel centreline):
Front - 375mm
Rear - 378mm

Fitted with Eibach springs, mine measured:
Front - 340mm
Rear - 350mm

I also fitted new dampers and top mounts.
If you had compared the old, "perished" worn top mounts with new ones, the old would have been several mm lower, as they would have been compressed over the years. So you won't see the full spring drop in real comparison, as you would have had, using the "flattened" old top mounts.
In addition, the original springs would have lost some height over the years, due to metal fatigue and the car's weight constantly pressing down on them.
A more accurate estimate of actual drop achieved, would be to compare your current drop measurement with the TIS nominal.
I fitted these some 5 years ago, and haven't seen any significant settlement since then in the suspension height.

This is how it looks:

Just measured mine and the ride height is 340mm on the front and 350mm on the rear.

That's about right then, although you may see a small reduction in mm over time.

Hi.
I can concur with that, when I had my lowered Ebach springs fitted the ride height looked about the same.
The wheels do suit the Puma well. I have fitted 17 ST Focus wheels.
Regards Richard.

Attachments

• photos from phone 21082020 157 - Copy.jpg
    photos from phone 21082020 157 - Copy.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 34
Back