Gearbox half shaft seal leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

Hello,

Well soon i'll have to replace seals... things happens...

well my shifter is not smooth... it feels... i can't explain... it's a bit hard... like when the level blocks something but there is not metal grinding no noise no nothing... just an unnatural shifting feel only in the lever...

also even if it's with engine off and clutch pressed, changing gears gives a clinking clanking noise like some doorbells :)

is this normal?
changing axle seals and replacing oil will help me out on this?

Thanks,

I think I would be changing the oil anyway (unless of course you actually need to change the seals first) and see if that helps.

My "millie" feels the same after sitting since 2013 with very little use, its like changing gear through treacle so once the MOT is done a complete oil change is next

Had similar symptoms with my Exige(Toyota engine gearbox)mainly when it was tracked a lot.Changed gearbox oil for Red Line MT90 and it transformed the gear change.May not be same problem with your Puma(and may not be the correct grade oil) but worth considering if no one comes up with a more sensible solution.

Back