Gearbox Issues!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite yet! My kat has only just hit 50k miles, but is feeling a bit tired now.

Id say 50 is still early days yet, mines on 82 and touch wood no major problems yet. With enough tlc i dont see why they couldnt hit 200k. Anyone know what the biggest milage is? I seem to remember someone on pp1 having one at 130k+

You're probably thinking of Rachel (Sex Kitten) her 51 plate is on about that. She has had a few problems with it recently, but I can't remember the details.

Mine is on 86k now, still low for a 10 year old car, and apart from the rust, she's still running sweet. *fingers crossed*

I can imagine a 1997 era one getting a bit troublesome to look after. Still, only another 10 years and it will be tax exempt! Or is it 25 years?
It's 25. My old XR3i was 15 when I sold her, but I couldn't see her lasting another 10 years without major work (welding on the under carriage was needed to get her through an MOT, hence why I sold her ;))

Yup - 1st January 1973. Still the case.

If your vehicle was constructed before 1 January 1973, you could tax it in the 'historic vehicle' tax class. Further information can be found on leaflet INF34.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... DG_4022042

I always thought it was 25 years...
c090.gif

Well just got it back, my wallet considerably lighter...

I'm a bit dissappointed actually, my old clutch felt weighty and substantial, this new one feels like stepping on a sponge. It's horrible!

You'll get used to it. It's supposed to be light really! lol

So there is nothing to look forward to now, there is no tax exemption even if my old girl last to beyond 25 years?

Nothing to look forward to apart from another 22 years of fab driving :D

Latest posts

Back