"girls car"???????

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it a terrible shame that smart is owned by MB. They produced a stylish range of cars with the coupe, roadster and forfour (they all just looked sooo special) and then chopped them all because they were too greedy with regards to pricing.

Had a forfour as a hire car when in Italy and loved it. The wee three cylinder can really scream like a Porsche.

Better than a Puma. Hmm I'm still not 100% convinced but will take your word for it.

Are you based in Scotland Tiggr?

No, London ;)

But went up for a mini meet at the weekend, but having driven up, dropped the boss off, I had to go back to work in Essex, so drove back down early hours Sat morning, worked, then drove back up.

Comfort levels in a car where your arse is soooo close to the ground have to be good doing that sort of milage in one go, and Im happy to report that still, the Smart seats are some of the best in the business, even with rock hard suspension :D

170k in 4 actual years in the Puma, 110k in the first smart in 18 months...

Puma seats arnt made for long range drives. The car itself is great, but after about 2 hours my back really hurst and i have to stop for a break. Unless its my back thats broken!

Never had a problem with puma seats in mine. Either to Scotland or the continent.

Think it depends on the seats.

My 1998 was fine for the 360 mile journey from home to work on a monday morning, but i have heard reports that the later seats were not as supportive

Mines got the later seats. I think it's more to do with how you sit in relation to your body length / shape. I tend to sit very upright and quite close to the wheel compared to alot of people (more like a rally driver) : more like sitting in an office chair. If you slump or lean back, I think it won't help your back over a long distance.

The earlier seats are much better though to be honest.

I done 300 miles in a day in the later seats, set as far back as it can go in a nice reclined position... no complaints :D

Thats how i always drive it and it's always comfy for me :)

Dal said:
Mines got the later seats. I think it's more to do with how you sit in relation to your body length / shape. I tend to sit very upright and quite close to the wheel compared to alot of people (more like a rally driver) : more like sitting in an office chair. If you slump or lean back, I think it won't help your back over a long distance.

The earlier seats are much better though to be honest.
Your seats are comfy for you, but as a passenger in your car, I get a sore bum on a long journey (I'm classing 300 miles as long here).

But then I'd end up with a sore back on long journeys in my '97 reg. However, that could be related to my driving position. Up until recently, my driving style was very relaxed, it's only in the Millie with the recaros that I'm sitting more upright now. Nearly 230 miles a week on dual carriageways with no problem, plus trips up to parents at nearly 100 miles each way.

Agreed, short "playing" drives, the seat is raked nicely, but long runs, and the back is almost vertical.

Melanie's mum lives 180 miles or 3 hours away, not far enough as far as I'm concerned but it would cost me too much to send her to the moon, maybe Australia would be far enough?

Anyway I've always found the seats pretty comfy. Remember I have a bit more bum padding than most.

Mother inlaws eh? At first i thought te old jokes were exaggerated but theyre really not!

I have both MX5 and a newly purchased Puma...

I am not a girl or a hairdresser...

MX5 is one of the best cars I have driven, hopefully now the Puma will be fun as well....

I miss my MX5. You can't beat a bit of topdown action.

Where about in Scotland are you Spike?

I live in Edinburgh and the dragon lady listed above lives in Huntly.

Ayrshire? Where? I used to live in Crosshouse :D

I know Darvel - I used to go via Strathaven to East Kilbride sometimes.

A good few cracking pumaesque roads round there ;)

Latest posts

Back