GOOD: Ballylisk Car Sales N.I.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

Below is basically what was done:

Air filter
Oil Filter
Oil change with 5w30 semi synth
New Spark Plugs (I admit they probably were needed).
Brake inspection (rear brakes only using 2 thirds of disc, but apart from that they are fine, don't need changed yet)
2 new front bushes (Powerflex, had them in the boot just in case).

The guys said that my rear bushes had a little bit of play in them but didn't need changed yet. The front bushes were splitting which is why they were replaced.

I simply couldn't afford to change all the bushes at this point or I would have. Again, the brakes aren't perfect but I can get away with them for a little while longer apparently.

Other than that, they reckon the car is sound as a pound.

Total cost? £190 all in.

Was I robbed?

EDIT: They did inspect the rest of the car and put a new battery in my remote key fob too.

That's not a bad price at all really especially with some bushes fitted as well.

Good to get the brakes at least inspected so you know what the score is. People often forget the back brakes as you can't see straight away what pad thickness is left.

You might want to do a fuel filter as well if it's not been changed for a while. Can do it yourself in 5 mins mind..

Here is the total bill:

Battery key: 3.75
Oil: 16.80
Oil Filter: 5.55
Air filter: 6.50
Spark Plugs: 25.84
Bolt: 2.50
Suspension Ball Joint: 4.00
Full Service, Remove front suspension arm ssys and renew bush assys: 100.00

Sound about right?

As for the fuel filter, I wouldn't have a clue :)

In that case, let's raise a glass to the Ford garage in the country. If I'd taken it to Lyndsay Ford in Belfast it would have been a lot more I can assure you.

/raises glass, drinks diet pepsi

By the way, I got the service done here, which might help out some Northern Irish folk:

http://www.ballyliskcarsales.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like a bargain Chinster!! I'll be giving them a call tomorrow - the rear bushes are gone on mine : (

Let's hope there is something to do in Ballylisk - I'll have some time to kill !

Back