Google Ranking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Hi Guys, I'm told that people clicking on any search result from Google and other search engines helps to validate
the sites validity or importance of any given site and thus raises its ranking.

Is this true? if so I could do with some assistance from Project Puma members to get my site up where its going to be seen and earning its crust.

Any takers from friends old and new?

As usual all help gratefully received :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers
Gary

XAF said:
[post]351587[/post] What's the site Gary?

Hiya James cheers pal the site is barksintheparks.net :grin:

As best as I can tell the game is to do a google / Bing/ Yahoo search (but primarily Google) for any or all of the following searches on as many devices as possible before losing the will to live. Oh and then clicking on the site obviously :thumbs:

Dog walker Prestwich
Dog walking Prestwich
Dog walkers Prestwich
Dog sitter Prestwich
Dog sitting Prestwich
Dog boarder Prestwich
Dog boarding Prestwich
David Camerons got a suckling pig :pose2:

trublustu said:
[post]351625[/post] I tried searching for your site Gary..

Are you sure you want to promote `dogging in Prestwich`?

I'm a legendary dogger I'll have you know! :p :thumbs: cheers Stuart

My hosters stats are showing hits from Edinburgh Ayr Harrow and Crawley and there's a marginal improvement in some of my rankings. So thanks to all who have helped so far :grin: more help is warmly welcomed from other members with a few minutes spare :thumbs:

Thanks guys much appreciated

Gary

Well clearly from my hosters stats some of you guys are helping out without putting up a hand for me to say thank you
so THANK YOU anonymous guys and girls :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Have you set yourself up on Google My Business? Will get your business into the maps and gives people a chance to rate you.

Doolittle Pets and Happy Hounds have done so and are the first listed when I view.

I have to manage hundreds of these for work and it makes a big difference.

Hiya Lee hope all's well with you and Jeggers.

I haven't heard of "Google my business" till you used those words however in conversation with a yell.com advisor today post my getting a free listing with them and being pimped to fork out for a payed listing I have been promised they will register me with what she called Google Maps. I'm told I should get a link from google in 5-10 days to activate it. Is this the same as you meant?

It does seem mad though that for free you get top page or close to it. How does one get to be in the top 4 by the way at such a time as I get to appear there?

All advise gratefully received :thumbs:

You don't - Google algorithms are designed to ensure that rankings are a strictly organic process. The days of having a white background with BMW written hundreds of times in white are long gone - there's not a great deal you can do to bend the system without Google seeing it and penalising you for it. A great deal of it is content based, so ensure that the writing on your site is top-notch. Spelling, grammar and punctuation also count I believe!

What I mean by being at the top is that in a search, Google will put a map of nearby businesses at the top of the page, and (hopefully) your business name is listed on it.

The My Business system ensures that your business gets added to Google maps and that you have overall control over it. I've only done it from an overhaul process, so starting it is not my forte, but it's well worth doing and I believe it's free.

Okee dokee cheers Lee.

At some point I guess I'll have to throw a good few quid at it but it will be a little while before that happens. Ive been told a facebok page will help. I have resisted it so far because I didn't think I had enough content for it but I'm told even a poor facebook page is better than no facebook page.

Cheers :thumbs:

That is a fierce looking pair on your home page :grin: good luck with it all, looks like the dogs doodaas to me :thumbs:

zinc2000 said:
[post]351917[/post] That is a fierce looking pair on your home page :grin: good luck with it all, looks like the dogs doodaas to me :thumbs:
Cheers :grin:
Actually one of the competition is really called the Dogs Doo Dahs.......I bet they really regret naming it that every time they answer the phone :grin:

Back