technical documentation for the frp modifications

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartman

hi,

ok, so I know this is a long shot, but I have to atleast try.

I`m atempting to have my frp Conversion aproved by the D.M.V. here in norway, witch is one of the most difecult Things you can atempt to do to a car here in norway.

so, I contacted them, and they said, that if I could get documentation for the diiferent mods, that explains how to identefy the different parts, either by parts numbers, or photos, they would aprove my mods, and make then fully street legal.

now, these documents would have to come from ford, or tikford. I'we spoken to ford uk, and they sugjested I get a certificat of conformaty, and that`s all good, but that realy only aplies if I had imported an frp, whilst as I`we converted one, I need different documents.

I'we been searching for quite some time, and I can not find anything.

does anyone on here know anyone who would be able to help? time ios runing out, as my car is due for it's eu requierd check up, and althoug it has passed, mods and all bedfore, the rules has been updated this year, and I realy want to be on the safe side, as I'm going to be dtiving it across europe later this year.

any info is gratëly apreciated :)

So you need proof that the parts you have fitted are Ford parts?

Firstly, do you have the full list yourself. Would a lookup in the Ford records for each part be sufficient?

Yes, thats it :)

I don't rely know, logicaly it should be enough, but these guys are wound so tight you wouldnot belive it...
I know what parts i have fitted, but they are all second hand, so no "real" recipts, exept for a few things like the breake pads and such, wich realy doesn't help at all.

I was meaning if you have part numbers, there are Ford records for the parts.

Was going to point you to the thread on Peep but you already replied :lol:

Just had a look in ETIS, it recognises a few of the numbers.

9098056 is the intake for example. Probably needs the rest of the list going through, confirm what is fitted, get the list of FINIS codes and see if you can't get some official print out of that stuff in a Ford parts catalogue.

ofcourse :) how silly of me :) guess I was to tierd :)

I will try and sort out that, I have a full frp parts list somewhere, and that + looking at the parts I have, I'll try and put a list together :)

and if an etis print out of the parts would be a ford document :)

You can do those in work?

Try that inlet. I can get a price for it but there's no catalogue it relates to. ie. no FRP page in the car list.

Did they put the FRP parts in their eCat? Maybe someone with acces can help? It might be worth to try and download Microcat (the torrent sites have that probably). In this online one there is no FRP unfortunately.

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe a dealer with acces to eCat can help out? If you need anything from the TIS let me know. I have it also.

the parts guy sais that there is no page for the frp in the ecat. althoug we did find the rear spacers when searching the part nr directly.. didn't try the inlet nr, but wil try tomorrow. :)

The FRP is in the early microcat system from 2000 when it changed from microfiche to microcat but it's not in the later microcat or eCat.

Parts list is on rpoc, who which was published by ford, there is also the frp brochure which outlines the conversion, i also have the ford press release if that helps.

Simon

i have the part list, and the frp suplemental info... but they want documentation that describes how to identefy the parts..

press releace might help..

but a written description, signed by somone at ford would be ideal. that or Pictures of the parts whit a official ford stamp or something. so that the dmw guys can se that this comes from ford.

probably would.. but it would need to be signed by somone at ford to be official..

I should be able to get you a signature from Ford UK. I'm not able to put a document together as i'm away for a few weeks.

wow.. that would be an absolute miracle :) and a real life saver,

there is no super hurry, as it has to be done by the end of march, and even then i get a 2 month Automatic extension, but the faster I can have it done, the better :) one newer knows what obsticals these guys trow at you.....

Does this help?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yes Dal :) but i already have it :)

ok, so the parts I have on mine are, full frp suspension, so dampers and springs front and rear, knuckles, driveshafts, rear spacers, and the wishbones.

I also have the rear disc Conversion identical to the frp (focus bits) but I don't have the alcons at the front :( i only have the 300 Mondeo set upp.

I have the cams, inlet, and ecu, but I already have a roling road printout of the engien performance, and the only real thing I need to adress legaly is the difference in track and the body from the standard, to the frp.

I don't have frp Wheels, but I do have 17"s but they are withinn the 5% legal limit of change whitout documentation so no real problem there either...

but the more info we putt into the documents, the easyer it wil be to convince them :)

probably a good idea to get some notes on the bodykit as well, as it changes the exterior mesurments.

If you have any expences as a result of all this, please let me know ok ? :)

Did a serch on some of the fins in the ecat today, they exsist, but I only get the price info and such, it seems like there arnt any pics.. but this vas the new guy, wil ask the parts manager later, and se what he can find :)

Back