Greatest games of the 90's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the important ones missing as far as I am concerned as it's one we played to death at Uni on a mega powerful Intel P60 machine is Command & Conquer. I think it was around 96/97 or so seen as it was second year uni.

got a bit hooked on Syndicate wars too from the mid-90's

I thought the original gran turismo was an important racing game in the late 90's too. It was the first 'realistic' driving game which i played to any great extent. Think that was 97 or so too.

There's quite a few missing there I think.

Mega Bomberman
Desert Strike
Toejam and Earl
Grand Theft Auto
Theme Park/Hospital
Tomb Raider II
Sonic 2

I'm glad Doom featured though. I used to spend hours playing it back in my youth :D

I remember some of those ones. Sonic was great!

Desert Strike was a good'un :eek:k:

alex_69 said:
best game of the 90's was the launch of resident evil

:thumbs:

And where was Half Life?!?!?

Half Life is the best game ever! never mind just the 90's

Goldeneye 007 on the N64, how many hours and days I wasted playing that, but was a fantastic game!! The same with Zelda... I was a bit of a Nintendo fanboy back then...

I do agree with Mort though, they are missing Gran Turismo!

They are missing tonnes. Half life, Gran Turismo, Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Warcraft (II mainly). GTA 2 wtf? The first gta was better as it was so different.

yippeekiay said:
I remember Theme Hospital and Sim City. Loved that sort of game for some reason.
I can't BELIEVE no one has mentioned Crash Bandicoot!!

Lol!! I used to love Crash!

FINALLLL FANTASYYY SEVEN :wub: :wub:

Cloudstrife.jpg

awwwwwwwww man i could talk forever on this thread about that game alone, but as it's mentioned on the list i guess i'll just have to keep it brief!

I'd never everrrr! ask for any of those days nevermind hours spent on that game back, 1997! christmas day! and i don't recall much of 1998. to busy kicking the hell out of the turks and using lightning3 on chocobos :twisted: oh, and when the flower girl died, i was sooo gutted, but sephiroth was sooooooo DEAD!

Good to see Doom there, Maybe thought the Young pretender that was Duke Nukem would get on there but he was always a fake.

Where's Tekken ?
Where's Ridge Racer ?
I always loved Parasite Eve
I was gonna say Devil may cry, but that was 2001 :roll:
Dino Crisis.
oh oh ohhh... AGEEEE OF EMPIRE II

Crash was fun....for about 2 minutes.
Spyro was good, but only on the demo disk :wink:

But it has to be said. If you were to ever hand over the title of best game of the 90's it is Resident Evil. '' Whats that ? ....dunno......blooood '' Classic!

Not to forget Alone in the dark.

oo..oo...How did I forget about age of empire's. Well remembered Warren. I loved playing online and sending in a load of AC Cobra's into someone else's Roman Empire and flattening them....so funny when they came over on the chat 'Hey!!, you cheating B@stard, wtf is this? Car's killing my troops'.....gotta love some of the cheats in it....lol

Back