Greetings from Bulgarian Puma owner :-)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felis Concolor

Hello everyone,

My first Ford so far happened to be a 2001 1.6 silver-grey Puma - kinda love at first sight while being pissed off by Opel, but that`s a different story... Got that "cat" on February 18th, 2015 - 3 days prior to my birthday-37 :cool: It might be the smallest car I`ve ever driven, but I prefer being a big man (6+ft) in a small car rather than a "small" man in a big car :grin:

"Fast, agile and bites readily" - such a description was once originally attached to a dangerously venomous spider (can`t remember which one exactly), but it suits the Puma as well :wink:

And so the story goes... If my furthr opinion on Puma may be of use to anyone around, go for it!

Best wishes to y`all and may your Pumas keep their "claws and looks sharp" :cool:

Welcome. :)

Felis Concolor said:
"Fast, agile and bites readily" - such a description was once originally attached to a dangerously venomous spider (can`t remember which one exactly)
Sounds like the Brazilian Wandering spider. An odd chap, goes out of its way to attack humans unlike most arachnids that bite as a last resort when cornered.

Frank said:
...the Brazilian Wandering spider...
Bullseye :) Colins Gem Spiders confirmed it. By the way, that creepy crawler is not that scary to me, for I`ve married my beloved wife 12 years ago and sometimes she`s kinda Black Widow, but with 2 legs only :wink: And she sincerelly hates the Puma, because the line of the roof makes her hit her head pretty often while getting in or out - which is kinda divine justice, I guess...

tuonokid said:
...we have Vauxhall over here to be pissed off by :grin:
Sure you do :) But not for my reason, eventually... So that`s the case:

Me and my wife bought a brand-new 800-km-Astra-Classic-2 in 2007, and it was all bread-and-butter before this year. Suddenly I noticed, once I regularly car-washed it, it started pouring some minor rust in the rear - so I reffered to the authorised service for the 12-Jahre-Durchroestung-Garantie or so. But they have (intentionally or not) missed filling in the service book at the appropriate places over the years, so they ofiicially rejected my fair claim. Fine, I thought, let`s reffer to the Germans themselves. So I personally called Adam Opel AG on the phone - Guten Tag, blah-blah, they transmitted me to some Frau that spoke no other languages. Fine that too, I thought, but... still nothing with my claim! I got grumpy and told her - if you don`t accept my claim, I`ll look around for another car! And as that $#@%*)(*^% (censored) told me some stuff kinda I got "fingЭrЭd" (in polite way), my mind was made up - r-r-r-aus mit Opel/Vauxhall :evil:

tuonokid said:
The funnies part is yet to come :) So let me entertain you (any resemblance to Robbie W. is purely coincidential):

I went to my bank (I`ve been working in it since March 1st, 2007) and asked them - me old chaps, how much money are you gonna lend me for my white hairs and black teeth... well, they got me clear and credited me enough to start looking for another car online. Riddle me this, riddle me that, finally I found the Puma cat and bought it completely undercover - none of my parents neither my wife were aware of my adventure. And they all almost got heart attacks as following:

Dad: WTF?
Me: It`s a Ford Puma, isn`t it cute?
D.: A... Ford? If you ever see a Ford, you should hit it on the head until it stops moving!
M.: Well, Big Chief, that`s why you drive a FIAT Grande Punto, huh?
D.: ...? A Fiat has notihing to do with a Ford (N.B. - and thank heavens for that, I thought)

Mom: Son... are you all right?
Me: Why wouldn`t I be?

Wife: You &^%$#)_(*&^%$@ (censored)
Me: Well, honey, the time has come for you to make a choice - either you`ll be silent in my Ford Puma, or you`ll be moving your sweet hiney in a Ford Transit (N.B. - used in some public transportation round here).

There`s even lot more of that, if you`re interested :) Thanks for your kind attention!

People soon change their minds about the Puma once they've had a ride or drive in it..
In my experience, comments have ranged from 'Not slow this is it?' to 'I love it!' :lol:

Out off all the people I've let drive my Puma, not one of them have criticized it :eek:k:
Saying that, I've never met one person that says they don't drive well.. Personally, I think for a design that's 20years old, I think it does rather well! :grin:

Moral of the story, looks can be deceiving :eek:k:

Welcome along but hey whats wrong with a Transit? I drive one all day, best van on the road your wife would love it :grin:

zinc2000 said:
...whats wrong with a Transit?... your wife would love it :grin:
Affirmative :) I`ve travelled here in Transit-s whose dashboards looked like Christmas trees - with all those orange-red indicators desperately seeking attention, being probably driven by the most careless European drivers - ours in BG - BUT still rollin` and rollin`; not any Transit has ever left me on the road :)
Talk about my wife`s love - once in a Transit we travelled together, no seats left, and at a sharp turn she lost balance and got a grip at my... tie, no kidding! Well, honey, I said, thought you were supposed to shoot me one day, not to constrict me like a boa :wink:

red said:
...story, very amusing...
So is the prequel :grin:
Before I got the Puma, I had examined a Mondeo`99 2.0... Top statment, the ad roared, so I went to see it myself. The battery was dead so the "dealer" had to access it and... guess who? A rat - shiny browny rat - stared at me from behind the engine, almost scared the hell out of me :roll: Talk about the engine - a clockwork stuff, though it might have not seen pure oil for ages, once the battery turned it on, it worked so smoothly that I still miss it :) Unfortinately the rest of the car was a sheer crap - even a spring of the front suspension was broken apart... Top statement my drum and bass!
Next I went to examine a 2005 Renault Twingo - wasn`t worth it, neither was the following 2000 Fiat Seicento-40PS, while a 1997 Renault Safrane appeared too exotic to maintain... However, though being far from "reborn" Steve McQueen in that famous Puma spot (you couldn`t have missed it), I`m happy with my Puma!

By the way, maybe I should apologise for not being that very project-ive guy :roll: Denso Iridium spark plugs, Goodyear Vector 4Seasons tyres, a NoS-logo at the tailgate (just for fun) - I haven`t added much to the car but it pleases me so far :cool:

Latest posts

Back