Gushed Fuel

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

Today someone notified me that my FRP was leaking fuel. I thought it was a leak out of the fuel tank itself, but upon opening the fuel cap petrol simply gushed out of the fuel inlet. Now, last time I filled up I didn't wait till the pump clicked. I also checked the fuel cap inlet to see if there was any fuel coming towards the top, but nope, no sign of fuel. As a result I was under the impression that the tank wasn't even full. So how come today I had petrol gushing out of the fuel inlet? Doesn't make sense. The one time I didn't bother filling the tank to the brim and it starts gushing out of the inlet a few days later as if I'd just over filled it, which I didn't! :? :?:

Did you park it with the fuel filler in direct sunlight? i had an old Mini that did the same on a full, or nearly full tank of petrol

pumapilot said:
Did you park it with the fuel filler in direct sunlight? i had an old Mini that did the same on a full, or nearly full tank of petrol

Oh sh*t, the car was sat way out in the bright and pretty warm sunshine all today. It also only started doing it when the sun was on the side of the fuel cap, shining right down on it! What the hell could cause that!

Expansion and pressure, i used to park car so that filler was in the shade, no further problems.

it will only do it on a full, or nearly full tank

Latest posts

Back