Handbrake help please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

Hi so I've been getting my puma ready for the Ford fair and my handbrake has just gone won't hold car on my drive as on a slope so have to get my passengers to chuck the wheels with bricks when I Park I think it's the pads as pulled handbrake whilst going along and had grinding noise I know there's 2 different sorts and am skint at the moment I am breaking a puma on my drive at the moment my cars a 1999 v reg and the car I'm breaking is a 2000 w reg so hoping to swap pads over I hope they fit I will try in the morning any one know or is it just down to luck as the 2000 model could have been on forecourt for a while or mine could have been late v
Thank-you in advance for any knowledge

Jason

:oops: :roll: :'(

Only one way to find out buddy, strip one of each and see if they are the same!

Eurocarparts have the rear shoes in for £20 a pair. Not the best but would get you motoring again??

Rob.

Are you talking about swapping the rear shoes or front pads?

The both the drums and the callipers changed through production to larger/smaller combinations but worst case you can just swap the whole thing i.e. on the front it's a straight swap to put the 258mm calliper/disc combination on.

Back