Has anyone got info on frp 63

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evileye5060

Hi has anyone got any information on frp 63 I'm looking at buying a racing puma engine am told it was number 63 has no manifold is there anyway of telling from casting number just want to know it is a frp engine and not a standard one .

thanks

I believe if you get the engine number (stamped on the block) then there's people that can tell you if it was or not. I believe there's a list of the VINs used in production and the engine number makes up the last part of the VIN hence it could be searched for.

You’ll need to find the engine number, it’s engraved on the block where the starter motor is.

A FRP engine without the manifold, is just a standard Puma engine with slightly different cams....

So the injectors are the same as standard puma engine too I have the cams already in mine at the momnent .i have water in number 3 cylinder the person
Wants 500 for the engine no manifold and no evidence it a racing puma engine it's in eBay at the moment duno weather to buy it or not now .

Bar the cams, the engines are identical in every way. The only thing that makes it worth anything more than a standard Puma engine is the cams.

If you’ve already got cams in yours, just buy a decent standard Puma engine and put your cams in.

For £500 I’d not walk away, I’d run....

lol thanks ppl I take it I'm right in thinking my Engine is now f**ked if it has water in one of the cylinders still runs and no water in the oil runs on 3 cylinders .

I would be changing my engine if I was you. I’ve got a defdedent engine for sale in Essex, not a million miles from you and it won’t break the bank.

You can buy camshafts that will put out more power for less money from places like Lightning Motorsport.

The only thing that'd make that FRP engine worth £500 is the inlet manifold being attached, which it isn't. Furthermore the gearbox and LSD is worth money as well. Everything that made it a FRP engine is gone, except for the cams. Which could be scored, you never know until the rocker cover is off. If the camshafts are scored, then they're worth scrap value.

Back