Have I killed my car!!!???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w207

:| Hi everyone........I have just been checking up on things that I need to do for my servicing and I found a link that discussed the using of injector cleaner and that it should never be used because it can damage the linings :oops: I used some fuel system cleaner which includes the injectors and Lambda etc approx 1000 miles ago so am I waiting for my engine to die or would it have shown up by now? I have a slight stutter/misfire which seems to be getting slightly worse which an ex ford mechanic that I know said it would probably be the coil pack as he had to replace loads of these when working for Ford and still does or check the plugs which I planned to do as part of my service but at that time I didn't know about the problem with using the cleaner.....Am I being paranoid or could I have a real problem?? Hopefully it will be ok as I love my Puma. Also whilst I'm here are Bosch spark plugs or NGK ok as replacement parts? Thanks for your help!!!!!

It looks like you got away with it, but please remember the golden rule, buying snake oil and pouring it into your engine or fuel tank is always damaging to your wallet, and potentially damaging to your engine. If it isn't in the handbook - don't.

The magic glops rarely have any beneficial effect (Diesel injector cleaner apart, and that is generally in the handbook anyway)

Petrol in the UK is among the cleanest in the World...you wouldn't need to add anything to it if any of them actually worked. Not to mention that there are detergents already in the fuel.

i was just about to ask the same question... local mechanic mensioned about pouring in an engine cleaner when doing the service... i decided agenst it so it wont go threw

slayllian said:
I used carb cleaner in my throttle body, and fuel additives in my fuel :grin:

What's carb cleaner got to do with any of this?!

absoloutly nothing, but forgot to say put some brake dust barrier on the wheels too and grease down my pants! :crazy:

Back