Head Gasket replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastLee

Hi.

I will need to repçace the Head Gasket of my Puma

I have done it in the past in some Peugeot and Toyota i had

I am used to follow haynes manuals and stuff.

Can anyone point me out if the process is quite similar or does the Puma have something specific to know?

There are almost no service manuals at all for this car... :(

Thanks

If you're doing the head gasket even if the engine has a new cambelt and tensioner the tensioning of the cambelt will have to be re-done so any doubts put a new belt and tensioner on. The full process is described on Ford TIS and also on Gates Technical bulletin #036 along with the special tools required.
Barry

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. The idea is to replace cambelt, tensioner, water pump etc,

I will look on autodata or Vivid to find the specific torque for all the bolts.

FastLee said:
[post]366729[/post] Hi.
Can anyone point me out if the process is quite similar or does the Puma have something specific to know?

Thanks

Everything you need to know is here. This is complete TIS for Ford puma with all the data.

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/puma_1998_06.1997-12.2001/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/303_engine/303-01a_engine_1.7l/specifications/

ElDude at Allison Automotive said:
[post]366774[/post] I've done a video on YouTube if you search "ford racing puma engine service "

Regards

Hello.
Thank you for your reply
I already watched that one. Good Job.
It Helps a Lot!

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]366780[/post]
FastLee said:
[post]366729[/post] Hi.

Thanks

Everything you need to know is here. This is complete TIS for Ford puma with all the data.

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/puma_1998_06.1997-12.2001/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/303_engine/303-01a_engine_1.7l/specifications/

Thank You
I Have a computer at my garage, right next where i have the Puma
It will be very useful to check all that info.
Looking forward to start the repair process.

Well...

As more as i read, more i'm convinced that to do a proper job it will be better to get the powerplant out of the car.
I have a Engine hoyst and engine stand, and in my former PSA cars i have done it a few times.

I am thinking about getting the Engine and Gearbox assembly together, lowering them into a special "craddle car" and then lift the front of the car to get them out.
It used to work very well in the 106's . Anyone here may think this is suitable? Or it's better to go the other way, removing gearbox first and lifting the engine from the bay?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back