head lamps...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2

Hi,

I want to buy my young lady some upgraded headlamps for her Puma.

Q. Can anyone tell me if the main beam lamps are identical to the dipped beam lamps or do the dipped beams lamps have the shaded bit on them?

I can't look as she will know what i'm up to!

I've looked on the Ring website and it uses the same product codes for both main and dipped bulbs?

Cheers,

Steve :?

Welcome :grin:

They are indeed identical.

Short of fitting HID units, the best improvements to be had seem to be the Halfords 'extra-super-whizzy' bulbs.

Hi 2 u,

Purfect, and thanks for the speedy response!

Will cost me double to buy them now though!!!

p.s. 'newbie' to this site so take it that it's ok to enter any of the discussions?

Cheers again,,

Steve :grin:

Hey welcome to the site - you can enter where ever you like :D

We welcome everybody! :) very helpful site as well I have found so far! :D

Cheers,

No doubt i'll be making the most of it soon too - have already had a go at changing the cambelt; ummmm, got full time mechanic mate to do it as i could see the way it was going!!!

Just looked at joke site = VERY good; will be back there soon.

Stev :-D

Hi Steve!

Welcome to the site :D

I see your question has already been answered :)

Halfords do some super brights ones which are good!

Remember that whilst blue tinted ones look good they are actually usually less effective that a standard bulb.

So are the halfords bulbs worth the £23-ish, i was looking at them today and thought that was a bit pricey for bulbs. Do they really make £23 worth of difference????

I got these ones:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=6298#6298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I would say they are well worth the £20 or so on a BOGOF.

While you're taking the light out I would replace both dipped and main beam bulbs and the sidelights. Might save you hassle later...

With regards to choosing bulbs the general rules are, you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is...

Try cleaning the inside of the light assemblies as well..

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOK said:
With regards to choosing bulbs the general rules are, you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is...

Thats why im asking because im not prepared to waste £20+. Is there any you would reccomend?????

I would recommend the Super Brilliance Halford ones.

I wouldn't recommend anything HiD, as for more than the legality and awful light pattern they produce, they are expensive.

benking said:
Thats why im asking because im not prepared to waste £20+. Is there any you would reccomend?????

I was quite happy using bog standard fresh 9005s (£6.99 each from motor factors) and clean lenses (inside and out) and adjusted headlight beams.

The 9011 bulbs I have now are genuinely brilliant :cool: But I've given up trying to 'sell' them to anyone now as they seem to fall on deaf ears so my secret is safe with me and I shan't ever mention them again unless asked :p

I'd like to see a chart like the one below for all these Super Duper Brilliance Bulbs etc... they should be showing us some stats if they're that good...
[albumimg]932[/albumimg]

BOK said:
I'd like to see a chart like the one below for all these Super Duper Brilliance Bulbs etc... they should be showing us some stats if they're that good...

The simplest way to test would be Halfords SB in one side and 9005s in t'other, then look?

By the way.. Jagdeo owners complain about their dip beam all the time. Coming from a Puma I just tell them they don't know they are born.

Hey guys - SOooo much information!!!

Was looking at the Ring Ultra Xenon lamps which apparently give around 60% greater light output and do so over a more effective area (usable in front of the car!!)

Q.any of you tried these, or know about their performance???

Price is £11.99 per pair (special offer at the moment!) and they're 'ok' for plastic units.

Cheers,
8) :grin:

Dal said:
I would recommend the Super Brilliance Halford ones.

I now recommend them too. Fitted them today, made a massive improvement.I had my brother in the car the other day and he asked if my lights were on, they were. Didnt realise how bad they were, plus had no idea how long the old ones were in the car for.

Any puma driver who has concerns about the standard lighting fit them, they are loads better

I've got to get some new headlight bulbs for my Kat as my dipped headlights are very dim & are probably original.
You say it's best to change the main beam as well as the dipped headlights?

Latest posts

Back