Headlight issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkerlad83

Hello fellow pumas

i need your help i have installed some new hids on my puma and i have noticed when driving that there is 2 train track like lines of no light runing in front of my car there alinement is fine so not sure what else it can be any ideas!!!!!!

Maybe that HIDs aren't designed for the Puma headlights?

Obviously something is obscuring the beam pattern though and without looking at the lights you'll not be able to see what it is.

Could be the bulbs as Matt says but could also be the Puma lenses. IIRC the dipped beam have a 'bi-focal' like line across them about 1/3rd up from the bottom PLUS they also have a 'baffle' bar inside going across the middle. What either do I have no idea but one of them could be the cause. I'm guessing it's probably the bar as your bulb filament maybe shining mostly just over the top thus causing a shadow.

I could be totally wrong but that's my guess. Maybe worth an investigation to see if you can cut out the cross bar without it effecting the light. I have a spare set of lights but I'm too chicken to cut them out as my lights are ok....lol.

Back