Headlights

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200sxman

Hi, I've got a 1.7 thunder which has terrible headlights mainbeam and dip. I have replaced the lamp units with good clear unscratched lenses and installed the Halfords Brilliance bulbs but they are still poor. They look very bright, but on dark unlit lanes they illuminate the road in front very poorly,and oncoming lights completely overpower them,and on wet surfaces they are completely useless.
I have checked all the earths and the current flows using a multimeter and all is well.
So has anyone got a source of light bulbs which gives a stronger better light?
Any help will be much appreciated as I drive a lot at night and really enjoy the car but the lights are going to put me off it pretty soon unless I can do something about them.

Thanks

Just as a wild suggestion... are they aimed properly? Headlight level switch set to the correct level...?

topmansparkie said:
Just as a wild suggestion... are they aimed properly? Headlight level switch set to the correct level...?
Hi, yes they been set up properly and the beam even raised to its maximum level!!!

Hmm, to be honest I don't think I personally can suggest anything else. You've already tried replacement lights bulbs and bulbs... not sure what else....

Someone more experienced may be able to help further :eek:k:

I know you have replaced the units with good clear unscratched units, but it might be worth cleaning the insides of them with de ionized water. I think theres a How to guide for this

Did you put in Halfords Super Brilliance or Extreme Brilliance? The latter being a bit brighter.

I think you're going to have to buy a new car as you've probably got them as good as they're going to get.

Hi, The bulbs are "Brilliance Extreme". After driving it again this evening I not sure they have been adjusted correctly by the garage. I think they have been directed to much into the curb side of the road as I seem to be illuminating the grass verge more than the road. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to adjust the beam more towards the centre of the road.
Thanks

If a garage adjusted them, I would go back and ask them to check/correct it...?

Back