headlights

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumahumes

its not tghat im not happy with the pumas current headlights
for standard items they ar very sexy

but iv just been wondering as to whether thy would look better or wors with the plastic casing removed....kinda like a set of morettes

got a pretty bad imagination so was hoping some of you may have experimented....or know someone that has

I wouldn't recommend taking the plastic cover off, it is the only protection for the lenses. The only way to get the morette look for the headlights would be to commission a custom job as there are no standard aftermarket morette-stlye lights on the market.

If your plastic is looking a little hazy and scratched, try a bit of Meguiars Plastex to bring them up a bit. It fills in some of the minor scratches and makes them a little clearer. There is also a detailed guide for cleaning the inside of the lights, courtesy of Bok >>here<<

If you can find an aftermarket modification for this then let us know!

The problem with taking that plastic lens off is that the internal lenses are not necessarily make of strong enough plastic to withstand the odd stone chip or just the usual wear and tear.

Just a precautionary note - if you do it, then let us know!

I've had the headlights totally apart this weekend- no way you can remove the front cover whilst keeeping it weatherproof...

Taking the lights off is needed just to replace a bulb, so its very easy. Just 3 bolts if i recall. Its in the owners manual.

Latest posts

Back