Heated mirror not working?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingcat

Hi guys

Noticed with the frost this morning passenger
Door heated mirror not clearing? Anyone know
If the heating element is on the mirror it self
Cos i need to replace it as not very clear anymore?
Is it just a case of prising it off & disconnect a electric
Cable or is it more involved?

Cheers

Hello... sorry for necroposting, but did you managed to get the info?

How to disassmble it?

Hi. To be shure, you can remove the glass, and mesure itåf there is Power going to the glas.

More often then not its either the glass itselfe (Integrated heating ellement) or a brake in the wire going to the door.

Removing the glass is easy enough, it is sort of spring locked, just pull it the only way ot wil og, and then pry it out, cant remeber wich way at the moment, so you will need to just try it :)

Hello,

Perfect. Although here the temperature is around 2-6 degrees celsius, I won't bother with it... hope there will be a more sunny day, or I'll find a garage to try there.

I was afraid of the mirror being only one way assembled as i never found a picture of that disassembled. :)

L.E.

Tilted them completely down and left then right. I saw some mechanism there but there is so much dust i said i won't try anything now. I'll see later on... there is a cable connected to the glass by the way... unfortunately my hands are too small, even my fingers, to pull it out and test if it's working...

Back