Strange thing after radio replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinda1111

Hi guys! We replaced my stock radio for a new Pioneer one today and after that I got a very strange thing. We made the cabling right I mean everything worked fine on the radio. As it got darker I noticed that my dash light is gone and also my rear left light. The bulb seems fine at the back because it works when I push the brake only the normal light is gone. We left out one cable when we were making the cables it was the orange one. It did not pass to any other cables. We did not touch anything else.
If this happened to anyone or somebody knows the solution please help me!
Much thanks!!!

Rear bulb may be simply a coincedence, brake light will still work with rear light section blown, dash lights? all of them or just some?
Probably missed a wire somewhere as I think dash lights should work with radio lights etc

If the orange cable was cut and then shorted out on something behind dash (easily done) I suspect it would blow fuse to instrument backlight supply.

I would think instrument backlight supply is shared with something else (eg clock, cigar lighter, interior lights) but I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with exterior lighting circuit. As Zinc says, think it's a coincidence and you blew a bulb.

NB: Some stereos recognise the orange wire and will dim the display when orange wire suppiies +12v (which happens when sidelights/headlights are on). Unfortunately Pioneer is not one of these (in my experience) so you have to manually dim stereo as the display can be a bit bright (depends on model, obviously).

Thank you guys!
You were right we did not tape the cable down so it touched something and the fuse was gone. We changed the fuse and taped down the end of the orange cable and all my lights were working fine again. Did not have to change the rear bulb because it worked after we replaced the fuse. :grin:

Latest posts

Back