HELP!!! cant get oil filter off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol i think the starter motor would be bloody easier. Well im gonna have a good go at it this afternoon. Unfortunatly its pissing down and i turned my garage into a motorcycle workshop. Also i had to take the wifes citroen c3 to work this morning. Oh god the embarrasment, and its in bright pea green as well.

Well today i bought a chain filter removal tool which snapped after 5 mins. Went back to the shop and got it replaced, that one last 5 mins as well. Then i decided screw it i went and bought a cro bar. Hammered it through then hammered the s**t out of it, and what do you know it finally moved. But now its dark so will have to get it off tomorrow. Also wanted to know how many litres of anti freeze does it take. Im also gonna flush out the radiator tomorrow.

what make was it? minds a draper and its 12 years old and well used,it should have been really strong after all chains on bikes quads etc take a good beating,was it am tech or something lol.

Both the chain filters were draper. What was suppost to be a 30 min job has turned into 2 days.

Ian G said:
If the car is that much of an ass changing the filter, don't ever try and do the wishbones :lol:

My old car was a huge ass it took me 6 hours to remove them :lol:

Job all done 2 bloody days and finally oil change done. I have a funny feeling it was the original filter from new.

Ian G said:
If the car is that much of an ass changing the filter, don't ever try and do the wishbones :lol:
Yeah, those two things do seem inexplicably linked!

My filter was nigh-on impossible to remove and a single wishbone took me days as well. :roll:

Latest posts

Back