Help needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwood

Hi have a 2000 1.7 puma and need to change the shocks and springs and wondered what people have or reccomend please.

Also need new exhaust system and brakes ? What are people's thoughts and advice on what to get

Cheers all where can I get them from and rough idea on fitting price ?

Also got new wing on today and new headlights bulbs. Just need brake pads and discs, full exhaust system, service and mot and almost there before car gets full detail and engine bay cleaned

Think I bought mine on eBay - budget around £200 for a full shocks on their own - not sure on fitting though I'm afraid. You need to make sure you get the correct fitting for the rears though. Year 2000 would likely be eye fitting rather than fork, unless the beam has been changed at some point.

However, while they're being changed, it's worth getting top mounts for all four corners and top bearings (cheapest I found was from ford themselves) to do the job properly.

Reasonable price here (these are for eye mount rear):
https://www.buypartsby.co.uk/basket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you tried Euro car parts they have lots of parts on offer

Sachs Shock AbsorberPart No.: 635590510 List Price £94.79
Was £83.94
Now £59.94 Save 29%
(Online and Click & Collect price only) (Priced Per Shock Absorber)

Thanks people have ordered them from euro car parts now for brakes and exhaust lol

Back