HEY :) just bought my new puma, need some advise on wheels..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiggZy

Hey, a few years back i had my celica completely die, so i looked about for a cheap car and got my self a pretty poor condition puma, without realising how fun of a car it was. well recently this car has died on me so i have gone and bought myself a much better condition blue puma. 70k miles, 12 months mot and service, new brakes all round and new bushes and cambelt. Absolutely mint condition, not a mark of rust on it, so im hoping its a decent one all round. My question is, i have a few subtle mods im planning on this time but the new one has the propeller/fan wheels, and my old one has the 9 spokes. in your opinions, what alloys should i keep on the new puma. I prefer the 9 spoke, but the more im seeing the fan alloys in photos the more they are growing on me. Im also thinking of keeping them on as, as the dealer said "they are the classic original puma wheels" I also cant really keep both as i want the old one gone as i have no place to store it so im hoping a scrappy will just get it off my hands after selling off some of the easier parts to sell.

So what do people think? Propeller vs fans (until i can maybe get some money together to get some other wheels on it)

Also if any one needs any parts from my old puma, let me know haha.

Cheers guys

If the car should have prop alloys (i.e. W ish reg or older) then do that. If it's newer, then keep the 9 spokes on.

If it's blue as you say, and if it's Melina blue, then it should have props.

Yeah its one of the first pumas in blue, so I'm feeling the propeller wheels also, Can't wait to pick it up now!

BiggZy said:
as the dealer said "they are the classic original puma wheels"

That's what we in the biz call "selling them the dream".

But i obviously don't do things like that :wink:

Props are a darn site easier to clean too ;)

Haha selling the dream. To be fair he was a lovely bloke. Yeah that was my exact first thoughts about the props! They look so much easier haha

Personally I prefer 9-spokes or Thunder wheels but everyone to their own taste.

Yeah I love the thunder wheels, would defo look in to getting them in the future but for now I think I'll stick with the props, mostly to save me hassle of changing them over as the tyres on the 9 spokes are horrific ATM

Latest posts

Back