Hi all im new

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont think i can afford to insure it anymore, i now have been awarded 15 points on my licence....lucky to have kept it but still...insurance is gunna hammer me :(

Dont forget the adrian flux discount you can now get...

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't hurt to ask.

well i had 3 points for a little over 2 years now for doing 75mph in a 50 sone and got another 6 at the beginning of the year for doing 96+ on the motorway in a van (supposed to be doing 60) Thats bring me up to 9 points. Recently i had a minor accident so while the puma was off being repaired i borrowed my girlfriends car....now im fully comprehensive on my puma so i automatically assumed i was covered to drive her car on 3rd party only. But noooo, i got pulled over and turns out i wasnt covered, it has to STATE IN BLACK AND WHITE PRINT on your insurance policy that you are entitled to drive other vehicles with the drivers permission. If it doesnt state your entitled to do so then i seriously advise you not to do it, i went to court and recieved another 6 points for that which totts me up to 15. They only allowed me to keep my licence due to work

oh and my girlfriend got 6 points too for aiding and abetting! She hadnt been driving for 2 years so she then had her licence revoked! Were now not together anymore as she went ballistick with me for it :(

You were very lucky to keep your licence! :pinkeye:

iirc, most fully comp insurance polices won't include the part that allows you to drive other cars until you're at least 25. At least that's when I first noticed it on mine.

I'm not going to preach, gawd knows I speed after all... but hopefully you've learned from your mistakes.

hmm maybe...but i genuinally thought i was covered....anyways, its done now. Soo....hopefully i can keep the puma, if not it was be deeply missed!

Trouble is, in the eyes of the law, ignorance is not a valid excuse.

Definitely keep the puma if you can, and definitely give Adrian Flux a call, not only do you get a discount for being a member here, but they're pretty good at getting decent prices for exceptional cases like accident claims and points.

Didnt know being a member on here go discount. I suppose that would only be the exclusive member tho is it? Will give them a call anyways and see what they come back with

Hi, welcome. Im in a similar postion with my other car, a fiesta, i cant even drive it as my no claims only covers me on my insurance, and its too expensive to be insured on it, and my tesco fully comp wont cover me on other cars, so i cant drive it!

Just ring them up and mention it, down the forum there is a discount schemes bit which has the information you seek!

Mention you're a member here and they'll incorporate that in the quote

Aha the Urban Myth!
Funnily enough I was talking to Swinton insurance yesterday & the lady there said that they have a lot of people who think that!! I asked her if it used to be the case & things have changed, but she said not.....

Carrying on from that, although I only have 3rd party, fire & theft insurance on my Puma, I CAN drive another person's car with their permission & a few other things stated in my schedule BUT she went to great lengths to point out that this was designed to be an 'emergency' type-of-thing and that if I crashed the other person's car then I would be liable to pay for the damage to THAT car, even if the person had fully comp on the car (although damage I caused to a 3rd person or property WOULD be covered... same as with my own car)
Obviously it's a different matter if the person whose car you borrow has an 'any driver' policy...yeah, I know, stating the bleedin' obvious!
Anyway, this maybe of mild interest to someone, if they managed to stay awake until now!
And the moral of the tale: check the small print on your schedule/policy

mmmm small print.

yeah when you can get entitled for it.. over 25.. then it'll only cover you 3rd party usually hence not covering the car you're actually driving.. but then thats the same as if youve gone for a 3rd party policy anyway.

It is definitely worth knowing what you are actually covered for though.

Ouch 15 points, sorry to hear about that mate.

On a side note, your car does look very nice! Would be a shame if you did have to sell.

Hope all turns out for the best!

Back