Hi

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb81

Hi,
Purchased my first Puma 6 months ago and have been obsessed with it ever since! Already done extensive work (cambelt, water pump, brakes all round, rear drums/bearings, arches repaired) and I'm only just getting started lol!

I have traditionally been a VAG enthusiast owning several Mk2 Golf GTI's etc and currently run a Passat Syncro as the family wheels, but I have to admit that I have been utterly converted by the Puma as for the money I really can't think of anything else that would put as big a smile on my face every time I drive it.

To the point that, despite having 2 children under 5, I am considering flogging the sensible barge and buying another one for the better half to stop her driving mine!

Crazy? probably but at least I'm smiling!

Rich

Hi Rich, welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Glad you're loving the Puma so much already, and nice to see the missus is enjoying it too!
Nice to see you're a fellow enthusiast aswell - makes you know that youre gonna take care of yours unlike some of the poor rusty cases you see out there :(

If you're seriously thinking about flogging the sensible barge just make sure that the child seats fit nice and secure in the back, i've had child seats in mine before and the grooves in the seats arent very car seat friendly, but i suppose that depends on the child seats themselves. Also are the children still young enough to be in push chairs? if so think about boot space aswell.

Glad to have you on board :D

Yep very serious about the barge, tbh we mostly use the Puma anyway! Both the kiddy seats fit fairly well. my boy is in a Graco reclining job as he's 18 months. the bucket style base on the rear bench is not ideal but it fits securely, he will soon be in a booster type seat like my daughters which fits fine, incidentally my daughter is enjoying it as well, whenever we go anywhere the first question I get is "are we going in the Puma"! :)

I have a mamas & papas buggy which slots straight in to the boot with space to spare. Will find out the model if any other parents are interested in finding one that fits in the boot!

Space is a bit tight, but my wallet will pleased! running a V6 is becoming an expensive past time lol.

Hi Rich, i know what you mean i`ve had a mk3 gti and various old BMW`s but there`s something about the Puma that just makes you want to drive the wheels off it! :grin:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Glad you are enjoying the car, and your wife is too!
They are lovely cars.

lb81 said:
I have a mamas & papas buggy which slots straight in to the boot with space to spare. Will find out the model if any other parents are interested in finding one that fits in the boot!
Welcome along!

I am certainly interested in what you have got to fit in the boot, as I will be needing to consider this early next year!!

I have a childs seat in the back, and it fits perfect!

Enjoy your stay on the Forum!

I had a Bebe Confort in the back of a Puma with no problems too.

Welcome to the site Rich :eek:k:

Hi and welcome :thumbs:

Please excuse the next few sentences (not like me usually, honest). I'm feeling a little boysterous tonight for some reason and couldn't resist, should probably have posted them in the sex thread...lol :eek:k:

lb81 said:
I have traditionally been a VAG enthusiast
Yeah, I like a bit of VAG myself but I'm getting old now and don't get as much as I used to. :'(

lb81 said:
I really can't think of anything else that would put as big a smile on my face
Oh come on!!, you just named the other thing (VAG). Certainly puts a smile on my face. :p

lb81 said:
To the point that, despite having 2 children under 5.
Ah, now I understand, you've been getting far to much VAG and need a rest. Don't worry, the need will come back sooner or later. :-D

Well I'm pleased to see my my VAG fetish is not unique! :)

No problems Yip, I'm all VAGed out for a while but a Scirocco will be mine when I can afford one, oh yes ;)

The aforementioned buggy that fits is a 'Luna' apparently and I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear I proved my own point yesterday by doing a trip to the coast in the Puma in full on family mode and it lapped it up! bye bye Passat, already have my eye on an X reg in black with leather and the f1 wheels, maybe a 'Thunder' edition? Needs a cambelt and some other bits but for £600 hmmm....

Latest posts

Back