Hmmm good with the bad.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xrion236

Ok took my FRP into my local FORD dealership today for a major service and what can i say i spent £443 pounds on 4xYoko Parada2 (included fitting alignment and balancing) and came out with a nice set of scratches round my wheels due to the fitting!

However good news is the area supervisor was there and he's offered to get all 4 wheels refurbed again free of charge :D and even get a few bits repaired that they didnt do :) on top of that they gave me 10% discount on all my service items! (V belt, Aux belt, a new wheel nut (dont ask)).

So all in all not pleased that they damaged the wheels but atleast they are doing the right thing and are willing to put it right at there expense.

So they should aswell mate!

Bonus for the rest of the stuff though!!! :thumbs:

zara#014 said:
So they should aswell mate!

Bonus for the rest of the stuff though!!! :thumbs:

I was just so happy to get it back! It sticks like glue to the road now and its fixed my wonky steering alignment :)

hmmmm spec 2's? Can't get them in my tyre size but i'd love them- there great types

Scotty1.7 said:
hmmmm spec 2's? Can't get them in my tyre size but i'd love them- there great types

They are nice the last guy who had 236 had Goodyear eagle F1 on the back and Toyo prox on the front so it was pretty scitish. With Paradas all round it feels like a go kart again :3

Xrion236 said:
They are nice the last guy who had 236 had Goodyear eagle F1 on the back and Toyo prox on the front so it was pretty scitish. With Paradas all round it feels like a go kart again :3

Until it rains.. :lol:

Good result in the end though! :thumbs:

Could be from reviews I've read!

WET weather is a big put off as they really do freighten me, there not made for the wet so dont expect much from them

EXCELLENT IN THE DRY BUT A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN IN THE WET ESPECIALLY WHEN SLIGHTLY WORN.

Great dry weather tyre but, as we live in the UK, we occasionally get rain. These are the worst tyres I've ever had for wet grip and I'll never buy them again.

had these on car a while there not to bad on dry days awful on wet days used them on b roads a roads motorways and track and they took all the abuse you can throw at them but come winter time i had to leave my car at home no grip at all slid over the road

Bought these with high hopes, but if I'm honest i was disappointed, dry grip is ok not as good as the potenzas i had previously, wet grip is damn right dangerous, and now their at the limit of tread there just lethal. I had to change the fronts to the rears after 6k so wear is also poo.

I would NOT buy again!!!

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokohama/Parada-Spec-2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wouldnt agree with these reviews as they say toyo proxes RA1 with 90% in the dry even when i had them at about 3mm they couldnt handle a corner without understeering. and they wear fast!

Personal Experience is the best so ill let you know how my driving style fairs when it rains :)

You have to take tye reveiws with a pinch of salt...

firstly, how good has the reveiwer actually tested the tyes ??...and how good a driver are they...?? have they used them at ideal pressure all the time..?? is the car they've tested them on setup properly...??

secondly, people will always 'Big UP' a new set of tyres and slag off the knackered worn ones they've just thrown away, even tho they were probably 'bigged up' when they were fitted too..lol :lol:

they can be useful for a rough idea tho....

Peradas are INSANELY grippy for the money... if you want an all rounder then dig deep for Pilot Exalto's, but they slightly more than double the price... :? the car does feel Fantastic on them tho... :cool: you get what you pay for... :)

Also got to remember that different tyres work differently on different cars (lots of "differently"s there.. :lol: )

People wouldn't expect Toyo 888s to work well in the damp, but apparently they're excellent so there's no right or wrong answer really :eek:k:

Ill stick with the Michelins lol :D

and getting my nankangs back for track! £42 a tyre FTW!! lol :lol:

Got my car in on monday for a free wheel refurb :) seems the guy i spoke to was Craig Hartley, Hendy Fords service manager :)

Also 236 passed its MOT for another year :)

Latest posts

Back