Hose Leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puman Being

Ive noticed the thick hose which goes from the radiator to the engine block is leaking
(the electric wire/connector which runs under this is also ringing wet,what is this for? its the one above the gearbox)

looks like the pipe has been bodged in the past as its all jagged where it meets the engine block.
How much are these things approx,and how much deionized water/coolant am i likely to need to replace after the jobs completed?
so many questions lol
Ta!

:cool:

Possibly mate, i'll move it into the Help section :)

I think everyone has been busy this weekend with FITP and all.

Matt has been looking at these pipes recently, I wonder if he could help you out.

If its the pipe im thinking its the one that runs from the HCV into the side of the block, to the left of the battery? If it is, its about £26 from ford as you have to get both pipes that come out of the HCV together. Not hard to swap, it will probably lose a couple of litres when you remove it though.

Thanks, ive got it on order to pick up tomorrow (along with a new fuel filter as im still running on the original :!: previous owner was a bit crap)
Luckily its just the thick single hose which runs from the radiator to the engine , shocked that its only £5+ from Fords.
Im really liking the price of spares for this car!, even the proper ford gear is affordable, ACE

Hit a hurdle already :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

any idea what size screw holds the fuel filter in place? (my torx are either too big or too small)

red said:
I thought that the fuel filter was just clipped in?

Yep, theres some kind of screw in there

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

Or am i missing something? (highly likely, im blonde)

If i do manage to get this out, do the fuel lines disconnect by depressing the white pins in?

Looks like about a T20 Torx. Odd cause mines just a metallic banding that holds it on.

Yes, just pull the pipes off after squeezing white pins.

I tried a T20, was too small, the next size up i have in my tool set is a T25 (i think) which was a bit too big, is there in between sizes you can buy then?

Between a T20 and T25? nope - not one between them AKAIK. Tried an imperial Allen key? They sometimes fit nice and snug.

EDIT:

http://www.wihatools.com/Marketing/torxspec.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Molegrips undo it?

Hacksaw a slot in it and use a flat screwdriver ;)

Well ive got me new hose on today, and changed the coil pack & leads.
Loads of water came out all down the front of the engine and the wires in the engine bay etc,
so i pulled the connectors apart and put wd40 in.
After putting it all back together i added about 2.5L of water & coolant filled to the max mark,
then left the engine running for about 15 mins with the coolant cap off.
The highest the gage went was halfway (its never been above N before) it went back down to N but im sure the fan didn't kick in so don't know why this happened? (is there any way to test the fan?) the coolant level didn't drop or boil over or anything, does this mean ive done the job successfully with no air locks etc?

Gonna tackle that dreaded fuel filter again tomorrow! :crazy:

Sounds like you did it fine. Don't know if my fan has ever come on to think of it. No - once in a traffic jam on the M1. Needs to get really ot for that I think.

:eek:k:

ACENESS, done something right for a change! (usually when it comes to working on this car im jinxed)
Cheers all! 8)

Latest posts

Back